Power Cones

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by doktur12, Sep 2, 2012.

1. doktur12

doktur12 Member

I have Samson Fishtail slip ons my 2007 FLHR, Air filter and stage 1 is stock. No other performance upgrades. Someone recommended power cones to reduce back pressure. Not sure how this will improve HP or Torque? Anyone use powercones on their bike?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Milwaukee Twins Power Cones | 4400180 | JP Cycles
    Power cones work by trapping the exhaust gasses so they do not build up and get sucked back in, this way you have more cylinder fill on the intake tract. They work like a stepped header

3. doktur12

doktur12 Member

Just read another post on Harley exhaust comparrison that states power cones work with short drags and for lonfer diameter slip ons should be remapped. i don't have a Power commander or modified stage 1 so may have to consider those.

4. Jack Klarich

The power cones will help any motor, in fact the better exhaust systems already have a step built into them for anti reversion, There are laws that exhaust gasses follow, any thing we can do to help that is a big plus. I have a copy of the Big Twin High Performance Tuners Guide that has the formulas in it, very good reading Amazon.com: Big Twin High Performance Guide, Vol. 1 (9780964011526): D. William Denish: Books

5. doktur12

doktur12 Member

Nice, thanks for the post!

6. Jack Klarich

7. TUCCI

TUCCI Member

Anyone know if you can slip these into the end of the stock header? Does anyone have any hard Dyno numbers on whether torque cones actually work?
    :dknow

8. Jack Klarich

Yes they will fit in the stock header, I do not have any specs in front of me, but White Brothers who originally, marketed them did ALL the R and D on them, Vance and Hines has since taken them over I bet they can give you the info u need

9. TUCCI

TUCCI Member

Thanks Jack...I appreciate the feedback :s