free website stats program Power commander | Harley Davidson Forums

Power commander

snake

G'day to everyone

What is the word out there from anyone who has a 2007 model and has fitted after market accesories such as pipes, air filter etc. What engine control management system have you used? Does any of this effect the "all new active exhaust system?"

Cheers

Snake

G'day Snake,

Ive got an 07 Roadking classic, Ive added Vance & Hines oval mufflers for a nice beefy sound.

I will be getting the new Screaming Eagle race tuner & Hi flow kit installed in a couple of weeks with my first service.

I cant say how it effects the new exhaust system yet, but Ill let you know in a couple of weeks...

RK

G'day RK

Thanks for that. Just out of interest, and I'm sure there will be plenty of opinion out there on this one, but John West (i think Rooth from another publication) rates air cleaners in LTR this month. He i.d's K&N as his preferred option, even to SE stage 1 kit and actually highlights cases where the SE has "come undone!"

I was also going to wait for 1st service before changing/adding these basics, and i'm pretty sure it will be the K&N cleaner. I notice on their website they also have an engine management unit. Anyone used/heard of this one??

By the way RK, I notice you're in sunny Melbourne, but list Rugby League as an interest? Down there for work???

Snake

G'day Snake,

Ive got an 07 Roadking classic, Ive added Vance & Hines oval mufflers for a nice beefy sound.

I will be getting the new Screaming Eagle race tuner & Hi flow kit installed in a couple of weeks with my first service.

I cant say how it effects the new exhaust system yet, but Ill let you know in a couple of weeks...

RK

G'day Snake,

Well I hope the SE dont come undone as its all bought & paid for...

I let you know how it goes.

What are you riding?

Rugby league, well you might have guessed, Im an expatriot NSWelshman. Yes I moved here for work. I love sticking it to the AFL guys about their game, I cop plenty back though. Are you a league fan?

Yeah mate, huge league fan. played a bit until injury got me. lower grade in Sydney comp but mostly "a grade" in the bush. Can't wait for the new comp to start.

Sorry, I've just checked and it's not the current Live to ride issue, the current one came with a free back inssue and it's in Bike Tech of that issue - sept 2006, no. 217. i don't want to start anything, or get sued, but Rooth says, with a photo of 2 damaged air cleaners on a bench, and i quote "these shots were taken on a mobile phone by a concerned mechanic. They show two more Screamin' Eagle filters that are coming apart as the inner rubber peals away. the concern is thst the loose rubber could stick a fuel injection throttle open - and thst could be really bad!" It's on page 67. This might just be rev up for K&N, but Rooth is a genuine HD man and SE are part of "the company", so...... K&N do come with 1million mile limited warranty, though.

I hope yours go great.

I am actually not on anything just yet. My 2007 FXDC superglide custom should have been unloaded down there in bleak city today:D and i should be riding in fortnight.

G'day Snake,

What are you riding?

Rugby league, well you might have guessed, Im an expatriot NSWelshman. Yes I moved here for work. I love sticking it to the AFL guys about their game, I cop plenty back though. Are you a league fan?

G'day RK

I have posted a reply, but was greeted to a message indicating my message won't be posted until a moderator checks it. I tried to email you, bit I have posted enough times. Check out Live to Ride from September 2006 page 67.

I'm sure SE will be fine, there will be problems with any product at some stage!

I won't go into it too much, they might post my other message.:confused: If they don't my FXDC SUperglide custom ships into Melbourne today.

Snake
G'day Snake,

What are you riding?

I have a 07 Lowrider with 1,200 miles. I put the Screaming Eagle II pipes, air cleaner and power commander on when I bought it. Never have had a problem. Drove my buddies Nighttrain last night and found out mine had a much soother roll on, tourque and seemed a bit faster. Love the sound and the response.

I have an '07 Heritage Softail Classic and at purchase I had V&H Bigshot Longs, a Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 air filter kit and a SE Race Tuner installed. The sound and performance is great and I have had no problems so far.

I have a dyna wide glide with Vance & Hindes big radius pipes, power commader 3 and Arlen Ness big sucker,
It runs sweet as, looks fantastic, sounds great, lets people know you are coming.

wakes neighbours up, if you are going for an early morning run ( thats life )

pgargett65,

Gday, Wakes the neighbours up eh!... he he he... those folks in the Gong sure can get upity...

Where abouts in the Gong are you? I lived all my life there, Went to school at Thirroul public & Bulli high. Great place, good surf.

:s

RK

Back