Power Commander Whoas....

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by NYHarley, Jul 20, 2010.

1. NYHarley

NYHarley Active Member

Ok, I know that nothing is better than Dyno Tuning the bike, but here it goes. I have been running the power commander for a while now with Rinehart Racing 2 into 2 exhaust. The bike has not been running where I think it should with the basemap, plus I am not a big fan of the Rineharts anymore. Today I received my new V&H Big Raidus 2 into 2. When I looked through the power commander maps, there is no map for Big Raidus w/ Aftermarket Air Cleaner, they only have them listed with other engine mods. What now?
  2. Craig Sharp

Craig Sharp New Member

Power Commanders without the AutoTune are very minimally acceptable with the 'stock' maps, IMHO. I thought I would save money by buying one, also. I went to a Power Commander authorized service center and had mine dyno'd. The difference was very close to amazing. Well worth the additional $250 but had I known I would have just gone with a TMax and some O2 sensors, since HD didn't catch up with proper FI setup until the year after my bike was made. If I keep this bike, it will have a complete ECM with O2 sensors, no ifs ands or buts.