free website stats program power commander V blowing ECM fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

power commander V blowing ECM fuse

emmo2112

I've got a 2009 FLSTSB, installed couple basic mods, and a PC V to take care of the fuel/air... been working great for about a year, now all I get is a blown ECM fuse, trys to run on one cylinder, if you rev it up it blows the fuse... updated firmware on unit and interface software, same problem... anyone had a problem like this?? any cures other than a new ECM??

If it ran good for a year, I'd look for a chaffed wire that is shorting. Have you done any recent mods/work that could have caused a shorted wire?

Welcome to The Forum, Pete has you covered here, check ALL wires, is your unit mounted under the seat? Have you run it with the seat off?

well I did some checking on wires off the ECM block, didn't find anything obvious
will go after it with an ohm meter, ..anyway if I take the PC5 out of the loop no problems... but now I have no fuel/air control.. called Dynojet, I'm going to send in unit... there pretty confident its not in the unit... I've search online for days, nobody's had this problem..hahahaha maybe I'm the first
anyway thanks for the reply's...

if I take the PC5 out of the loop no problems... but now I have no fuel/air control

Not sure what you mean by "no fuel/air control." It should revert back to stock, right? Although that's not ideal if you've got high flow pipes and air filter installed, you'll still be able to ride the bike for awhile until a new PC-V arrives.

yes it would go back to stock, the PC5 is just an interrupter... I guess I mean the mix wont be correct, I'm thinking it'll be on the lean side..

yes it would go back to stock, the PC5 is just an interrupter... I guess I mean the mix wont be correct, I'm thinking it'll be on the lean side..

The ECM is programmed to work with the O2 sensors to provide a 14.7 : 1 mix
(approx) for EPA regs. Adding mufflers and air cleaners will not make it leaner, it will compensate to maintain factory specs. You will lose some performance, because your fuel pack was adjusting the system to a more optimum mixture.

The ECM is programmed to work with the O2 sensors to provide a 14.7 : 1 mix
(approx) for EPA regs. Adding mufflers and air cleaners will not make it leaner, it will compensate to maintain factory specs. You will lose some performance, because your fuel pack was adjusting the system to a more optimum mixture.

Pardon my cut in on the thread, but this brings up a thought relative to this PC V issue.

I've removed my O2 sensors. If I had to unplug the PC and revert to stock for a troubleshoot, or emergency, would it get me down the road?

I would unhook it and find out for myself, but I'm a bit of a wusss at zero degrees.
Thanks

Yes, many times we've suggested disconnecting the negative lead on a fueler to see if it was causing a problem. Bikes always ran as far as I can remember (I've done it).

Back