free website stats program Power Commander tuner??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander tuner???

Jellymule79

I have one on my 04 FLHTC.... I hear that's what's giving me my issue with backfiring....
A buddy told me to get rid of it, and have Harley reflash my ECM.... Opinions????

I have one on my 04 FLHTC.... I hear that's what's giving me my issue with backfiring....A buddy told me to get rid of it, and have Harley reflash my ECM.... Opinions????

Don't waste your $$ on the HD ECM flash; it does very little to the fuel map and will not solve the decel popping. I am betting that the motor has not been dyno tuned and you are running a map. Get the bike on a dyno and get the motor tuned. If that doesn't clear out the decal popping, check for intake and exhaust leaks.

I have the FP3 on '11 softail. Nothing but great things to say. It has an auto tune feature that might fix your problem.

The FP3 will not work on his bike since it does not have the CANBus (HDLan). I had installed one on my '11 FLHTC and loved it too!!!

No doubt that the SERT (actually the Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner) is probably the most sophisticated way to go. But it is a learning curve that many street riders do not have the inclination for. So consider some of the less sophisticated options if you do not feel you have the time to sink in to really understanding all the technical side of fuel and ignition mapping.

A very simple, user friendly option are the fuelers that allow the user to increase the amount of fuel used when running (reducing the AFR to a richer setting electronically). I have installed the Dobeck EJK on my '12 UC to eliminate the decel popping I developed after installing a high flow air cleaner, header pipes with no CAT, and lower restriction mufflers. The EJK was very easy to do and very user friendly for someone like me that doesn't have the time to get into the technical details.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
The OP has a Power Commander; didn't say which one but all he needs is a tune. Decel pop will disappear, performance and mileage with both likely improve.;)

The OP has a Power Commander; didn't say which one but all he needs is a tune. Decel pop will disappear, performance and mileage with both likely improve.;)
Just now reading these replies... I will look to see which power commander I have.
Again, thanks for all the feedback gentlemen.

I would check for exhaust and intake leaks first as that will cause decel popping. I have FP3 on my 2011 Heritage and couldnt be more pleased. Easy to install and set up and what a difference in performance! Only up grades so far are big shot longs and V&H naked intake. FP3 leaves plenty of room to grow with your set up.

Back