free website stats program Power commander or fuelpak?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Power commander or fuelpak??

Jdsmitty10

I have an 07 deuce with Big radius 2-2's. I am looking to get an air cleaner and either a power commander or fuelpak. What does the majority reccomend? I will plan on installing it myself and I am under the impression its basically program it and then plug and play for both.

Also, reccomendations on aftermarket air cleaners?
Thanks,
JOn

I have an 07 deuce with Big radius 2-2's. I am looking to get an air cleaner and either a power commander or fuelpak. What does the majority reccomend? I will plan on installing it myself and I am under the impression its basically program it and then plug and play for both.

Also, reccomendations on aftermarket air cleaners?
Thanks,
JOn

Fueler/tuner - depends on what you intend to do, and how much adjustment you want to be able to make. Simple plug and play is the TFI. See the self-help section for gobs of info on this subject.

AC - I like the SE high flow option.

TQ

so if I am not planning on anything else other than an air cleaner, I have no need for a powercommander? The TFI will do the job? It sounds like the fuelpak is not a good option at all..

As far as the open air cleaners, if i get caught in the rain will there be a problem? My Dad has a k&n open type on his yamaha and claims to never have a problem in wet weather. I like the look of the kurakyn pro r hypercharger. Or just the stock look with the K&N system that uses the stock air cleaner cover that claims to add 12hp. Any +/- input on these ones?

so if I am not planning on anything else other than an air cleaner, I have no need for a powercommander? The TFI will do the job? It sounds like the fuelpak is not a good option at all..

As far as the open air cleaners, if i get caught in the rain will there be a problem? My Dad has a k&n open type on his yamaha and claims to never have a problem in wet weather. I like the look of the kurakyn pro r hypercharger. Or just the stock look with the K&N system that uses the stock air cleaner cover that claims to add 12hp. Any +/- input on these ones?

TFI will do the job until you get into the engine big time with cams, heads and higher compression ETC. As far as the open air filter, no problem there in the rain, you would have to drive through a river to have a problem.

Basically if I am staying at stage 1 i will be good to go with an open air cleaner of some sort and either a fuelpak or TFI. They both would be plug in program and go riding right? The PC3 sounds a little more complicated for what i really need....

What is the most reliable or favorite brand TFI?

Basically if I am staying at stage 1 i will be good to go with an open air cleaner of some sort and either a fuelpak or TFI. They both would be plug in program and go riding right? The PC3 sounds a little more complicated for what i really need....

What is the most reliable or favorite brand TFI?

Lots of folks on here have gone with the TFI, so you will get some first hand support from some of the members. Additionally, Techlusion (Dobeck Performance) will give you a discount if you mention you are a member here when you order, and an even better one if you are a Vet or Active Service. I personally have one on my '03 UC, but it is one of the older generation models with only the four adjusting pots.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

TQ

Thanks for all the help so far everyone...

I am still a little confused on the power commander, I know this one is more tunable later on. But if I go with Powercommander now, is there a basic setting for my setup that I would just download from my computer to it, then install it to my bike? I was looking on Powercommanders site and don't the exact set up i will be running. Does that mean i just pick the closest setup and use that? or do I tell PC what my set up is and they send me the download?

Sorry for so many ?'s, just want to make the right decision on this..

thanks again

If you buy your Power Commander from Jamie at Fuel Moto (Fuel Moto USA)
It will come pre loaded with a map for you configuration. Plus he doubles the warranty. You also get lifetime map support from FuelMoto.

I prefer the Power Commander. I have had it on my bike since new in Dec of '06. I have 34,000 miles on my scoot and love the fact i can hook up my laptop and make adjustments after changing things. It has an accelerator pump feature and start up feature as well that i love. I will, however, say that as soon as i get the cash, I would love a Thundermax setup with the digital speedo to boot.

Back