free website stats program Power Commander Maps and the 2008 CVO Dyna??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander Maps and the 2008 CVO Dyna???

upstatenycop

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am impressed by what I've seen so far, so thank you for the info you've already put out there.

I have a question... Understanding that all machines (even identically built ones) perform differently I am looking for a base or starter map for my application that I can work from. If anyone out there in Harley land can help, I'd appreciate any input you can give.

I have a 2008 110ci CVO Dyna. I did a lot of research and settled on the Power Commander V for my bike. After speaking with the folks at Dynojet, I found out the PC-V would work on my Dyna as well as Dynas back to 2005 as the connections and the stock ECM programming is the same. I took the plunge, bought the tiny PC-V (awesome little size is perfect for the minimal space I have under the seat...). I received it and I loaded a map from Dynojet's PC website and installed the unit in my bike (what a pain in the rear even with it being half the size of the PC-III). I loaded the M15-005-020 Advance Map: As I have V&H Big Shot Staggered, the SE Air filter (that came stock on my CVO, along with the SE Cam, etc...), the stock ECM and I have the PC-V's Rev X-tend feature enabled. During a my first run, the bike ran awesome. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for any other mapping values as my bike is the CVO 110 and the map I'm using is the closest cannned map I could find on the shelf. The reason I ask, is in looking at some of the other maps on the site for the PCIII I noticed there were maps specifically for some CVO bikes with other mods.

Also, I know the PC-III USB & the PC-V will record up to 15 minutes of data from the bike into the PC's memory for evaluation when hooked up to the computer. Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but how does one retrieve and examine this data?

Thanks in advance!!!

Back