free website stats program Power Commander "BIG PROBLEM"? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander "BIG PROBLEM"?

Where do these mechanics get thier training ? It just floors me when a dealer certified mechanic can't find a solution to a problem at $90 an hour !

School can only teach you how to perform a task, step by step. That will fix 90% of them. The challenge for most is when the problem falls in the other 10%..

If it were mine, I would strip it down to stock and see if it runs. If its still running poorly, replace the ECM with a new one. If that straightens it out and you now have a clean slate....well there's a couple ways you can go, but getting it to that point should be the main focus. I just don't feel confident a dealership is were I would have the bike......different thread.

New Circuit Breaker:$10
First Dealer cuts the wiring off all of the motor and ground effect lighting: $500 cost
New Fuel Pump Installed: $650
New ECM, HD Tunner Installed: $1550
New Ignition Installed: $150
New Starter and Relief valves installed:$1000
Miles on Dyno and Test rides: 750 miles
Weeks in a shop: 11

Move the Circuit Breaker away from the motor - the bike stays running: $ PRICELESS

Problem is that the heat was kicking the breaker, now the breaker is not getting kicked... But.... How hot is toooooo hot?

this confirms my first thought, if you want an older bike with these kind of mods you do them yourself or have someone you know and trust do them for you!!! when you buy them already done your putting all your $ (faith) into someone you dont even know!!!

Having had a Power Commander of some sort or another on every bike I have ever had, including my Ultra Limited, I just dont see how a Power Commander could cause any of these issues. It really takes some serious effort to burn out a tuner to my experience. I would seriously consider another dealer or a private shop to look at the bike. You can find many Harley and indy shops that support and love the Power Commanders and I think you just found one that will blame the issues on something that is generally not an issue.

Back