free website stats program Power Commander "BIG PROBLEM"? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander "BIG PROBLEM"?

They said that they had to disconnect all effect lighting on the bike (after 35 hrs of wire tracing), and that they could not and would never be able tune the bike

You have too many unexplainable loose ends to this story. Who can spent 35 hours tracing wires on a 2002? The only bike more electrically basic than yours is a pre-fuel injected carb bike. You could replace the entire wiring harness in less time than that. I would find another shop while you still have a chance.

You have too many unexplainable loose ends to this story. Who can spent 35 hours tracing wires on a 2002? The only bike more electrically basic than yours is a pre-fuel injected carb bike. You could replace the entire wiring harness in less time than that. I would find another shop while you still have a chance.

@ 100.00 an hour that is a lot of dough, is there ESP on this bike?

What is ESP:) and yes, I am looking for another shop to get the bike too. I know I dont know anything, but I am finding it hard to believe that anything broke can not be fixed.

If you didn't buy the bike from them, it almost sounds like they are setting the stage for you to finally get fed-up and just trade out your ride for a new one. Then when you go back in 2 weeks for some new chrome, your old bike will be all shined up & working just fine.
Don't laugh it happens.

+1 on this. Run, dont walk to another shop!

If it had a PCIII on it, the factory computer should still be there...The PCIII completely bypasses the factory one unlike a SERT . I call bs on the dealer here.. How can it burn up 2 SERT units and not have burned up the original PCIII or the ecm that is on it now... My suggestion is find another dealer.. I think there is a short somewhere in the harness. It sounds to me like the dealer is giving you the run around because they cant find the short...I hope you get it fixed bro.

Going to pick the bike up in the morning. Just paying for the fuel pump issue, and then taking the bike to a real shop. They had it on the dyno again today and it still shuts down... I had a friend tell me that his bike did the same thing and he changed the engine temp sensor in the head and all is well now... he was also running a PCIII. I will let everyone know what the issue turns out to be.

Well it is now July 23rd, one month later, the bike is at a very "recommended" shop. It has been there for a month. We have replaced: ECM, HD Tuner, Ignition, Starter... Got the call Saturday that it was READY. I picked the bike up, FINALLY, headed out on the road. Got about 25 miles out and YEP, (EDIT) thing shut right down!

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back