free website stats program Power Commander and 103 upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander and 103 upgrade

Rebyl

Banned
Spent all yesterday at the HD dealer in Auckland waiting for a mates bike to have some new mufflers fitted and getting the Power Commander remapped etc.
Had a nice long chat with the service manager and have decided to fit the Power Commander, because when I bought my 08 Ultra I had a Stage1 Sceaming Eagle kit fitted but was not advised by "That" other dealer that the PC and remapping would be the best option, probably because they are not an authourised agent for the PC's.
Then I got real excited and asked him about a 103 Upgrade ...with all the good stuff like Cams and clutch springs that would take the load:small3d026:.
Then today I get on this sight and start trolling posts on the upgrades and find things like....08 models will "FRY" the PC and that the bottom end will not stand the strain of the extra HP.....which personally I find very hard to believe.
I am not looking at higher speed, just more grunt

I had the 103" upgrade done over the winter with new pipes and breather and the PC-V. I love it...lots of power in the low in and entering superslabs with my wife on the back is lots of fun. I think the PC "fries" are history now and even at that were few and far between. And, I've talked to a number of dealer and indy mechanics who have never seen a runout after a 103 upgrade.

Besides, if either of those things happen, I owe Glider some beer!

Back