power comander and air cleaner

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by greenlantern, Sep 25, 2011.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Member

i have a 2006 flhxi just put on a set of slip ons and was wondering if the bike would run better with a different cleaner and power commander and if so what is good for being inexpensive.

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

4. Fl Rocker Rider

Fl Rocker Rider New Member

I just put a Daytona Twin Tek Twin Tuner II on my 09 Rocker C. Big cost savings over the PC. I used a canned map, you can use one for a PC after you match your setup.

Although not as RPM/TP refined as the PC I do like the fact that I can keep the O2 sensors. I have a set of Vance & Hines with the Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather. Pipes didnt make the bike seem much different with out a tuner but once I put on the intake it was doggy when I opened it up.

Got the Twin Tuner II and data logger and USB interface. The matched PC map for my exhaust/intake setup made a noticable difference at the get go. Used the buttons on the unit to load the settings. I could have left it at that. Data logs showed a bit of lean out in AFR at higher rpm's and tp, so i richened it up with the USB/laptop interface.

If you dont mind the initial setup and wiring swaps in the connectors, I'd suggest the unit I chose. Save some bucks and keep your O2 sensors if you have them. You really dont need the USB extras to make it run right.

5. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

SE Super Tuner and a K&N air filter setup.

My PC3 went bad 3 weeks ago. MPG's were considerably better with the ST over the PC3. Tracy

6. doctordoug

doctordoug Account Removed

Gen 4 TFI, Slip ons and the new Jagg fan assisted oil cooler plus the K&N air filter. That would be a good combo!

7. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I would go with the S.E air cleaner and the TFI. I have a 2006 Ultra with the P.C.3 and have not been able to get it tuned to suit me.

Mike