free website stats program Powder coating evo engine block | Harley Davidson Forums

Powder coating evo engine block

71rules

Does anybody have any experience with powder coating evo engine blocks. Heard there were issues with seal leaks after baking & cooling. Thanks.

This is one of those mods I would be darn sure Bubba was not doing the work.
Powder coating is more than just spraying it on I would use a coater than has been doing engine parts awhile.
Every trade has it leaning curve and sometimes bubba never finished the class

We have our own powder coating operation at our business. Just never done Harley parts before. Most of our work has been on car restorations and such. This job looks to be turning out very nice.

Does anybody have any experience with powder coating evo engine blocks. Heard there were issues with seal leaks after baking & cooling. Thanks.

Anyplace that seals or gaskets go or two parts mate together are masked when powder coating to keep the powder from causing a sealing problem if it's done properly.

Just took everything out of the oven. Everything turned out beautiful. Need to do my Shovelhead next. Thanks for the comments everybody.

Just took everything out of the oven. Everything turned out beautiful. Need to do my Shovelhead next. Thanks for the comments everybody.

LOL, we used to use the house oven in the old days to heat them up with the heat resistant paint, The Redhead still has no idea:p

My soon-to-be-started 96" S&S EVO build includes reading the instructions very carefully. It has the same warning as in the TC instructions Tank linked to - max 400F.

I do find it strange that the cases could be warped at such relatively low temperatures, but my guess is that someone have heated the cases to 400F and then done someting stupid during cooling - like put them in water. It is not only the max temp itself that matters, but the heating and cooling process that matters. If you control these (as in slow change of temps) I am sure you could go above 400F w/o damage.
I am considering powder coating, but never tried it - what temps are specified?

Thanks Tank. The other day I found the settings to automatically subscribe to threads I've replied to - I was loosing track of where I was;)

Back