free website stats program Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

Vote for the location of the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

• Cheaha State Park near Talladega, AL

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Salt Springs, FL

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Texas Hill Country, Kerrville/Concan, TX

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

After seeing the photos of Webbton's bike in the Amarillo snow blizzard, I know he'd show up even if the event was held in Siberia. A lil cool weather and water wouldn't faze that cat.

re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

Last night I read through a good portion of the thread for last Feb. Salt Springs meet. I can tell all of you had an amazing time through the entire process. Many of you I see continued on with more fellowship immediately after leaving SS. Very special......very special. Before my read last night I already knew you all were a good group of guys that all shared a passion for riding and caring for Harley's but today I have much more respect for each of you. I won't be making any more suggestions about place or time because I it's not my place too. Those of you that make this forum what it is should have this privilege IMO.

Hope to meet all of you personally soon!!!!!!!!!

Ride safe!

OK Jack if everyone agrees do you want to attach a poll to this? Time is slipping away. 10 months till Feb. It will be upon us before plans are made. Not saying it has to be in Feb. just using that as a reference to time!!:D

1 Yes Joe I think we need a poll
2 Sunnysideup, this is for input from ALL members, the intent is to get new ideas from ALL to hopefully get more members together:D

Ok...........I'll add ideas, but y'all (threw that in for Lorne) have to like some of'em :D

Just don't recommend Amarillo please
WAP.gif

Amarillo goes over to the guys running snowmobiles, they can meet there next Feb.

I feel that there is such a solid base of Florida area and Canadian snowbird riders that love the Salt Springs area (and rightly so) that there will be a gathering there for the foreseeable future. It is a great spot except you should be warned that it is easy to get directionally confused. Even with a GPS.

What happens in Salt Springs stays in Salt Springs:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling

Since it's supposed to be a Memorial Gathering/Tribute to Kemo, I feel pretty strongly that the month and location should not be changed. It's not supposed to be about getting the maximum attendance from forum members.

I do agree that it would be pretty neat if we could come up with a separate meet and greet for the HDTimeline community. This one should probably be Spring or Fall, in a more central location, and not conflict with any of the big national or HOG rallies. Pretty tall order, I know! We could even try to rotate the location among several central sites or try to have an "East" and a "West" gathering.

I too feel that we should not mess with the one gathering that is sustaining itself. I would suggest leave the Feburary 16th Salt Springs in place. Plan to get another meet/gathering in Texas or Arizona, then maybe a loose gathering in Sturgis area that is August 5th to 11th to make it a bit easier for our Canadian members.
Or have a simultaneous gathering as the Salt Springs Memorial Gathering.

Since it's supposed to be a Memorial Gathering/Tribute to Kemo, I feel pretty strongly that the month and location should not be changed. It's not supposed to be about getting the maximum attendance from forum members.

I do agree that it would be pretty neat if we could come up with a separate meet and greet for the HDTimeline community. This one should probably be Spring or Fall, in a more central location, and not conflict with any of the big national or HOG rallies. Pretty tall order, I know! We could even try to rotate the location among several central sites or try to have an "East" and a "West" gathering.

Agreed 100%

Back