free website stats program Post a new thread or not!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Post a new thread or not!!!!

Rhys

I was just wanting to see what people thing about posting multiple threads, or just ask new questions in a old one that we posted. Now, this might have already been answered, but I'm just checking preferences. So Lets say I get a thread going about air filters and get all my questions answered, and two days later I have a question about my plug wires. Should I start a new thread or just keep the old one going?

So what do ya think?

I personally like starting a new one so I can move on from the old one.

Even though we jump around in a thread, IMO it's best to start a new thread if the topic is not related. It makes search results come back more relevant.

If it is a new topic/question a new thread should be started in the appropriate area of the forum
It will make things easier at a later date when someone else is searching for info on the topic

Brian

What Brian said. If you think of it as, if someone else were searching for a fix for this problem or question, could they find it? If you start a thread with air cleaners and end on plug wires. The next person is only going to see an air cleaner thread and not the plug wire info.

What Brian said. If you think of it as, if someone else were searching for a fix for this problem or question, could they find it? If you start a thread with air cleaners and end on plug wires. The next person is only going to see an air cleaner thread and not the plug wire info.

or Jacks recent photos...:newsmile108::newsmile108::newsmile108:

Back