free website stats program Possibly buying a 1985 FXRT | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possibly buying a 1985 FXRT

1984 was the last year for the shovel, '85 was all Evo.
I think it would be much cheaper and easier to get aftermarket bags and windshield than to try to find and try to fit and rewire the original hard bags and fairing.
I like National Cycle shields myself, and Willie and Max saddlebags. My windshield is not the quick-steal type, but I never want to remove it in any case. The newer W&M bags zip off but I never remove them either. Don't want to be anywhere without tools, chainlock etc.

Hey Barista, I have a '92 FXRT that I chose to not install the fairing on. I have sold the fairing but I have a pair of the factory original clamshell bags with key that I have decided I am not going to use, I'll be putting on leather bags. I also have some other original stuff like pass footboards etc. PM me if interested. I'll want $300 plus shiping for the bags. The footboards, probably $40 and would be included in shipping.

P.S. you'll love the bike, arguably the best frame and bike pkg. harley ever made. Also considered the best handling Harley by many.

Last edited:
Back