free website stats program Possible switch to TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible switch to TFI

Gold4484

Contributor
I have a 2007 Dyna Street Bob with a Arlen Ness Big Sucker air kit...Rush slip-ons w/ 2" baffles, and a Power Commander 4 . Will there be anything I need to do if I took the PC off and put a TFI on?

THANKS
BRIAN

Dobeck will probably answer this soon, but other than the standard adjustments for your options (air, pipes/baffles) should be plug & play. Only addition I did was remove O2 sensors & capped bungs w/plugs from NAPA.

I have a 2007 Dyna Street Bob with a Arlen Ness Big Sucker air kit...Rush slip-ons w/ 2" baffles, and a Power Commander 4 . Will there be anything I need to do if I took the PC off and put a TFI on?

THANKS
BRIAN

The Dobeck 1250ST comes with every thing you need including the O2 bypass very user friendly and you get a discount:D

Hey thanks for the replies. I know I can install the TFI, but I didn't know if there was any special way to UNINSTALL the PC. I did NOT install the PC. Just curious if there was a 'special' sequence for taking it off or not. From the instructions I have read on the TFI, it is a pretty much easy install. That is IF you follow instructions! I just did my taxes, and getting a rebate of an EXTRA $200.00 from the state for being a firefighter, and I thought I would use this to switch over to a TFI. It won't happen soon tho. I will be on crutches for the next 3-4 months. But I thought I better spend my money now, before I spend it on some 'OTHER' stuff! Better to plan ahead I HOPE!!

BRIAN

No special sequence for removal of the Power Commander is required. Once you remove it its like it was never there. I will ask as to why the change of tuners. Is there an issue you are trying to resolve or is it simply enough that you would rather run the TFI unit?

Not trying to talk you out of the TFI by any means as I have run the TFI unit and highly recommend it for the ease of installation and adjustments. Just curious if there is another issue you are dealing with.

Hey Triplej...Did you ever have some work done by someone else, and it really didn't seem right? I built a small computer for a young guy who was just starting his own Ind shop. We traded services if you know what I mean. For my computer he put a PC and Big Sucker on my Bob. This was 2 years ago. When I ran it when it was competed, just having a stage1 done, I really didn't know what to expect. Just seemed like there was something missing. I went back a few times to talk, but he was always to busy or not there. Then 6 months later, POOF! he was gone. Seems like he didn't do the work as expected on a few bikes, and those people came a lookin. Nobody has seen or heard anything from him. BUT, all the time I was driving, the thoughts about my dealings with him just made me start thinking.....no noticeable change..no different fuel mileage. One of my buddies took a look, and said it LOOKED like USED modules under the seat. So when you add up ALL this,...I am not happy. SO,...the best for me to do is, quit dwelling on it, and buy a TFI, and put it in MYSELF. I think that's the best solution eh?

YEPPERS!

BRIAN

Tfi is next on my list.
WAP.gif

I installed a TFI on my 08 Street Glide. It was straight forward, easy and fun. Best mod ever. Wish I never sold it.

Back