free website stats program Possible problem with dobeck tfi tuner? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible problem with dobeck tfi tuner?

I have checked for codes and all the codes are telling me is that the o2 sensors are unplugged which would be normal since Dobeck tuners require them to be disconnected. There were no other codes besides the ones showing up under ECM.

1. Check for codes
2. Which model TFI and what are your current settings?
3. Have you done any other recent mods or maintenance?
4. Did you recently switch brands or octane of gas?
5. Clean the pins and apply dielectric grease where your ECM connects and the connector behind your air cleaner

I did change out the battery about 3 weeks ago because it went bad on me all of a sudden. I guess i will start there to see if i did any damage unknowingly.

I did change out the battery about 3 weeks ago because it went bad on me all of a sudden. I guess i will start there to see if i did any damage unknowingly.

I think that is a clue to the problem. Very possible that a wire got pinched and is shorting.

I wouldn't think you need to do any tweaking to the TFI if you haven't done any mods since. To check if it is the TFI unit, just disconnect the ground wire and take it for a spin. Without the ground, you're just bypassing the TFI completely. That will at least tell you if thats where the problem is or if its something else.
Hey glazier, just to be sure, all I need to do is just disconnect the ground wire and that's it to rule out the tfi unit? I don't need to reconnect bike injector plugs or just leave it as it is and just disconnect the ground wire on the tfi? Thanks.
WAP.gif

If you don't have any 02 bypass resistors installed plug the 02 sensors back in when you remove the ground wire for the TFI

Is it possible the IAC is acting up? May try a bit of cleaner It will not hurt:s

Back