free website stats program Possible issue with front/rear tire alignment? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible issue with front/rear tire alignment?

What causes rear wheel to be offset and not in line with front wheel/tire??

The only thing that would make it off track would be that the rear tire isn't straight in the frame, or frame damage. Believe it or nor the motor alignment also efects the tire alignment as the swing arm is attatched to the transmission.

makes sense...guess I'll try to do the motor alignment first this weekend since it's the easiest. Thanks for all the good info guys!

It's possible that the stablizing link is not adjusted correctly,causing the swingarm to be out of alignment.

well that's something that I definitely started debating a matter of fact! That stabilizer came "pre-adjusted" so to speak according to the instructions and not to loosen jam nut or adjust. also whenever I installed the stabilizer, it was a nice and snug fit without any movement. I checked it the other day and you can twist the middle of the turnbuckle assembly just a lil bit. I'm unsure of what terminology they have for the adjuster so I'm callin it a turnbuckle for the moment in case any of you all are wandering " what (EDIT) turnbuckle?" lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back