free website stats program Possible front end issues 03 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible front end issues 03 Ultra

03ultra45385

Bought the bike in Dec 05 w/61K mi. During first oil change found one of the 2 bolts that bolt Front engine mount Bracket to motor broken. While changing Lamp for oil preasure gauge found inner fairing broken where top right inner fairing support bracket fastens to inner fairing. When riding I have noticed that if I look at the Slider covers and there relationship to the front of the gas tank I am turning right a little to go straight. Also if I take hands off of handle bars the bike does try to turn to the left slightly. Front tire has some cupping alternating from side to side. I am now guessing that the bike may have hit a large pot hole or worse before I got it which could explain the variety of damage that I have found over the years. What I need to know now is what do I need to look for? Upper Fork Bracket and Fork Stem misalignment or what? I have a shop manual but I am not sure this is covered anywhere. I am real close to 100K miles now and am planning to ride for a long time. I am looking for some input and guidance.

First thing I would do is replace that front tire. You do not need a front tire with ANY sort of problem. Then when remounting the tire, make sure you follow the book on how to align the front end. You can check out Glider's suggestion in self-help to "bouncing" the front end against something too:

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Recently changed the front tire. Nothing changed. Going to try and get a couple of 8' flouresent lamps and with the bike level see where the tires are lined up relative to each other as well as see if I can find a digital level and if they are both lined up verticle.

Back