free website stats program Possible fix for the heat | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Possible fix for the heat

Took my bike out for a 50 mile spin around the county to try out my new fork wind deflectors, the heat coming off the rear jug and exhaust pipes was incredible. I thought maybe I was just possibly being a pansy the other day on my long weekend ride but no, this thing is on fire. What that motor must be doing to that oil has to be brutal. Hurry up new head pipe! I'll have a fueler picked out and on order sometime this weekend.

My buddys 13 limited ran real hot from factory same complaints I read about all the time he dropped some 255 cams in it a screaming eagle tuner and breather and a D an D 2 into 1 exhaust it made all the difference in the world . so I knew what I had to do to my 14 Road King as soon as I bought it I had them take it in the back and put a V an H 2 into 1 exhaust screaming eagle tuner and breather had it dyno tuned runs nice and cool. Cooler than my 96TC ran but I never had it dyno tuned just had a V an H fuel pack on it.

Fixing the heat was my primary concern as well. (North Florida) Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipe, FM Air Kit, and Power Vision tuner... using stock mufflers. Running this combo for two years now, consider the heat problem solved.

2012 FLHR Stock mufflers, Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipe, FM Air Kit, Power Vision tuner - YouTube

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. Loving everything about this bike but the intense heat. Good to know I will be able to get it under control one day. Enjoyed the ride on the King as well!

My buddys 13 limited ran real hot from factory same complaints I read about all the time he dropped some 255 cams in it a screaming eagle tuner and breather and a D an D 2 into 1 exhaust it made all the difference in the world . so I knew what I had to do to my 14 Road King as soon as I bought it I had them take it in the back and put a V an H 2 into 1 exhaust screaming eagle tuner and breather had it dyno tuned runs nice and cool. Cooler than my 96TC ran but I never had it dyno tuned just had a V an H fuel pack on it.

Does it run smoother also? My 88 currently runs much less rough than the 103 in stock form.

Got the replacement decatted stock head pipe in yesterday. The guy did an incredible job welding it up, exceeds factory welds actually. My plan is to remove the factory heat sheilds, ride, then shoot it with the heat gun to get a pre replacement reading. Then pull and replace the original pipe, ride, shoot it with the gun again and see what the reading is just with a decatted head pipe change only. Then go to the fueler installation and find out the results again.

Yeah if I'm acting as if I"m enjoying this........I am! :D

Now that the 14 model touring bikes have a recall for the abs brake lines which happen to run under the seat and fuel tank, getting rid of the cat/heat can only help those parts/fluid from cooking.

Back