free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retired..was 58 and got a wild hair up my ..you know what!..After attending a Vietnam Vet reunion and seein 7 guys come ridin up on their harleys..I thought ..Holy Moely how cool is that!!!!.So when I returned home to Mo. let a month slip by ..and ask my wife ..hey "what would you think if I bought a Harley"...needless to say she questioned my sanity..and expressed it by sayin are you (edited) crazy?..Since then 2004 we've put over 42,00 miles on her ( her being the bike )from sea to shinin sea so to speak...I have had my pics takin with touriest from other counties..and even let em sit on the old lady ( the bike that is )...but the bottom line is we don't belong to a hog chapter..too many politics ..we do belong to the PGR..and we love the wind in our face..we just a couple of old folks who love to have fun...meet new friends...and really lov findin new places to eat..seem we do lots of that..lol so whats that make us????Don't know ..don't care...we love to Ride so hey wait thats it we're riders...lol:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ride a bike (Any Brand) because you like it "Your a Biker" if you ride one because "You think" it makes you look "Cool" or "Bad" your a POSY!!
:breakdance

I ride my Harley and like today, can get on the Sportbike with my youngest son on back and rip up. A biker is a person who can ride anything and tear it up. Having fun is key. I ride Trixie when one up and take the Super Sport when the kids want to ride or the wife and I want to ride together. Put two wheels and a motor in front of me and I'm GOOOONE! My wife and I are bikers and live for Jesus and motorcyles, (in that order).

Brother Bri:mgun

I'm probably the guy originally mentioned in the thread - i have a job that allowed me to buy my first "real" bike - an '08 FLSTC ANNV Edition, and my wife was so excited we have Harley stuff for the bike, the Xmas tree, t-shirts jackets etc (even I think its overboard).

However, I work 5-7 days/week and ride my bike everyday unless its gonna be below 40F most of the day or raining (don't want to mess up that pretty new bike). I've done PGR, Toy Runs, and when the rest of our guys return from Iraq - we're doing a big unit ride.

So i'm a poser at first glance. BUT, I love riding (my wife wonders why we even bought the brand-new truck that sits in the driveway), i love how much observant I am on the bike - I feel the temperature changes, I see the scenery better, I smell the road.... so at some point in the future, i'll be called a biker (guess i better buy more leathers and get my first tat)

loving the road.....

Well my definition for a poser is : If your in traffic and you look around at a light to see who is all looking at your ride .....Well then your a poser :p

I guess I am a poser then. At lights I do look around to see who is looking at me. Lets me know at least they know I am near! Plus I am glad to give them something nice to look at while waiting for the light to change.

I am glad you were able to classify my and properly put me in my place!
That don't cut it man, there ain't no classification for you
:bigsmiley22::bigsmiley20:

I want to offend anyone but I think that a poser is someone that looks down someone else because they don't ride a Harley. It should be about rideing and not what you ride.

Poser,biker,biker,poser. The common denominator is the two wheels beneath them. (Well, hopefully beneath them.) Personally, I ride because I LOVE it. Always have, always will. I lean more toward function than fashion as far as my riding and riding apparel. Having said that, I'm sort of guilty of paying far more attention to "how" someone rides as opposed to what they look like while they're riding. Davidw2415 said it best: "It should be about riding and not what you ride." That's what I am, a rider. :rider :s
My .02 (adjusted for inflation)

Happy Holidays to all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back