Porcelain Unicorn

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by STEVE07, Apr 28, 2012.

1. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I know this is not the usual postings we make in the entertainment section but I think many will find it interesting and rather poignant.

Legendary British film director Sir Ridley Scott launched a global film making contest for aspiring directors. It's titled "Tell It Your Way". There were over 600 entries.

The film could be no longer than three minutes, contain only 6 lines of narrative & be a compelling story. The winner was "Porcelain Unicorn" from American director

Keegan Wilcox. It's a story of the lifetimes of two people who are totally opposite, yet, very much the same - all told in less than 3 minutes. I can see why it won - enjoy!

click on the link below.

Porcelain Unicorn

2. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

I also am very impressed...Realy makes you think..I honestly didn't think a 3 minute story could be that good...Thanks for sharing Steve.....

3. CPT MAR

CPT MAR Member

Very impressed.Thanks for sharing.

4. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

What a great post Steve. Really powerful film. Thanks.

5. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Great story. Thanks Steve.

6. glgarrett

glgarrett Active Member

Well done. :(

7. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I see why it won. Thank you for posting it. Having lived in Germany for many years I met many people like the gentelman in the film.

8. lorne

lorne Senior Member

Brings it home....will explain in another post on this thread....close to the family history during that time in the world... first time never had a smiley face to put on.

Steve thanks for posting....many times and many people have no idea

i salute and pray for all that were involved in that ...mess (for lack of another word that can be posted)

just need a little time so i don't get carried away

9. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Thanks for taking the time to post that. There is so much that one can take from the story.

10. shaker

shaker Active Member

Thanks Steve - that was very good.