free website stats program Popping | Harley Davidson Forums

Popping

Vilemind

ok 2007 883 low ... i have drag pipes on it now had the 1200 conversion done doing alot of backfiring after i release the throttle,,,i want to change the pipes but i want pipes the have the o2 sensor ports,, but want pipes without the cross over tube holes on the bottom want to do away with cross over tube any suggestions on a good deep sounding pipe with o2 holes but no cross over tube holes ?

i bought after market drag pipes a few months ago but they have the cross over pipe ports,,,i dunno i never had the popping on decel until they did the 1200 conversion

any after market full system does away with the balancer pipe.
if your getting popping now you wont like short shots as the not onlyt back fire but shoot blue flames from the tips on decel due to the shortness of the pipe.
there are new systems from Vance and Hines check there web site, as much as i have had trouble with the black ceramic that they use the pipes are still good for making power .
other than V&H i have never used other makes on sportsters although i love the look of Bassani

Last edited by a moderator:
When they did the 1200 conversion, did they do something to adjust the air/fuel ratio?

First thing I would check for are intake and exhaust leaks. Check the self-help sections for the procedures.

TQ

As TQ says, it is tricky to get the pipes lined up and difficult to prevent leaks if they reused the formed/braided packing gland type gaskets (including the hidden black crossover pipes behind my Drag straight dual pipes below).

DSCN0823.jpg

its too lean at the very bottom end,and over heating the pipe to where slight un-burnt gas is being ignited,give it more fuel at 0 throttle position,this will cool the pipe to where it wont ignite the spent fuel

The shop that did it is blaming the pipes,,,so i bought a set of 2" pipes guess what ,,,samething they told me ,,,we are going to have to call power commander maybe they can help us

Ahh, the plot thickens, did not know they added a Power Commander fueler...which model and what programming did they do for the 1st pipes, much less the 2" ones is actually the more real question and should be on their dime, and you should not have had to buy (upgrade?) to a different because they did not do it right the first time...think?

Back