free website stats program popping fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

popping fuse

lordharold

I have a switch for accent lighting that keeps blowing the in line fuse unhooked lights from switch, replaced wiring to switch but still blows. checked switch appears to be good even changed switch no go. switch on ok but as soon as i turn switch off it blows. leads are to battery connections and are correct any ideas?

I have a switch for accent lighting that keeps blowing the in line fuse unhooked lights from switch, replaced wiring to switch but still blows. checked switch appears to be good even changed switch no go. switch on ok but as soon as i turn switch off it blows. leads are to battery connections and are correct any ideas?

Is there a ballast in the wiring? Is this like day glow lighting for lighting up the engine?

yes it has about five little light pods and not the strips.each has a pos. neg.. lead.. no idea about the ballast

yes it has about five little light pods and not the strips.each has a pos. neg.. lead.. no idea about the ballast

Sounds like a feed back from 1 or more of the lights, can you check them 1 at a time?

it appears some are not working when checked separately but still can't figure that the switch by it self is still causing the fuse to pop.

Your saying that the fuse doesn't blow until you turn the switch/lights "off"?

correct and it does this with or with out the lights connected and i have tried even using a different switch although the other switch i found around the shop but both switches do show ohms when on and infinity when off very puzzling

chasing tail figured out what's wrong DOH! neg lead hooked to switch

thanks gents just had to meditate a little they had it all messed up and I was following them on the same route.. just had to put the switch into series but going to have to rewire all the lights lol! pos in to switch out to pos light side and neg wires to ground must of been sleeping in class that day! doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoosh! Good thing, I was starting to actually think how this could be.

I have a 1994 Sporter. lost all electric power to the back of the bike. Dash will not light up. Starter wont work. Only the front running lights stay on but wont flash. Any Ideas where to start looking. As I think it may be the circut breaker. As I cannot find a fuse anywhere. Everything is under the seat ?:(

I have a 1994 Sporter. lost all electric power to the back of the bike. Dash will not light up. Starter wont work. Only the front running lights stay on but wont flash. Any Ideas where to start looking. As I think it may be the circut breaker. As I cannot find a fuse anywhere. Everything is under the seat ?:(

There are circuit breakers under the seat .. could also have a bad connection on the ground strap to the frame

Back