free website stats program Poor service from my dealer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor service from my dealer

well its good news for me,called in at the dealer this morning to let them check my bike out,they agreed it needs new tyres & appologised that it never got valeted before i picked it up.
so they are collecting my bike next week to sort out all of my issues & then returning it back before next weekend so i can go play :)
i'm very happy with the result but it is a pity they didn't prepare the bike correctly before.

It's good to hear that they are finally taking care of you! Thanks for posting back. :)

well its good news for me,called in at the dealer this morning to let them check my bike out,they agreed it needs new tyres & appologised that it never got valeted before i picked it up.
so they are collecting my bike next week to sort out all of my issues & then returning it back before next weekend so i can go play :)
i'm very happy with the result but it is a pity they didn't prepare the bike correctly before.

I agree that it would have been better had the bike been prepared before you picked it up. I little more inspection before you left the dealership would have helped too. Since the dealer is going to correct the problems maybe you both have learned a lesson and you have found an honest dealer who is there for the customer.

This may be a dealer to watch if they are going to take short cuts one time they may well try again at some point
Glad to hear that the issues are being resolved

Brian

Sorry to read about your experience. If the dealer is genuine and honest (I know some are not), then they should sort out your problems. I am with the guys on here that it shouldn't have left their premises in that condition, especially if the tyres are so badly worn, because for a start they may be near illegal on our roads (depending on how much tread is left on them).
If the dealer is one of those 'You bought it in "as seen" condition', then there is always the consumer rights act, and Trading Standards.

Hopefully they will sort it out for you and you can enjoy the bike and reinstall your previous excitement at owning such a great machine.
Hope it all works out for you.

Glad it is working out well for you.
I posted my last message before reading the last page :D:D

Good on you for following thru here, thanks for checking back in and Good Luck
:rider:ws

thanks guys.
just spoke to the dealer & they are sorting my bike on Saturday afternoon so all's good.

one other good thing when i bought my bike it had a back rest & soft panniers fitted which i had them remove as i don't like them or need them.
the guy who sold me the bike just told me another customer has offered to buy them off me for £300.00 cool :)

The dealer where I'm at goes through every used bike as soon as it's traded in. They always put new tires front and back unless it was very low mileage, takes care of any liability that way. I'm surprised your dealer let it go out of the show room whit tires that worn, I guess that's the difference between good and bad dealers, keep in mind they ask top dollar for all their used bikes.

ok here's a quick update .
the dealer fitted a pair of new tyres & put some engine brightener on for me Saturday p.m. rode the bike straight home then sunk a few cold ones.
Sunday morning took the dog for a walk then headed for the Harley,guess what ?
yep flat front tyre,no evidence that i'd ran anything over & punctured the tyre just not sealed correctly i guess.
Man was i mad !
so the dealer has just been to collect my bike & fix it,should have it back tomorrow.
i pointed out the my bike still has the HD keyring from the original dealer who sold it new 3 years ago :)
red faced ?
i think they are.

Back