free website stats program Poor road on Midland trail in WV | Harley Davidson Forums

Poor road on Midland trail in WV

jaceddie

I rode on the Midland Trail out of Charleston, WV last weekend, and just wanted to warn any bikers of the poor condition of the road from Gauley Bridge to Ansted. Large holes and cracks make this area a hazard to bikers who are having fun in the twisties. The other side of the mountain from Rainelle to Lookout is fine. This is a great area to ride, just watch out for bad pavement on that one side.

I forgot to put in that the Midland Trail is also route 60.
HAH ---- ain't it a small world. Last week I was visiting my Mother-in-law in Clifftop and my wife and I rode that exact same route. We were in our car along with 3 of our Grand kids - no bike ride for us. We drove over the New River Bridge and stopped in the Harley Shop there for Tees. Went through gauly bridge and on up to (I think) hwy 129 - then on back to 60 and too 41 and back to Clifftop. Next day we went to Rainelle just to witness all the bikers there headed to Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC. Saw tons of motorcycles in Rainelle and along the way both directions.

Oh well, just thought it a big coincidence to come home and read about your ride the very next day after having just been there. Have fun - be safe - be blessed and take care.

Bill

HAH ---- ain't it a small world. Last week I was visiting my Mother-in-law in Clifftop and my wife and I rode that exact same route. We were in our car along with 3 of our Grand kids - no bike ride for us. We drove over the New River Bridge and stopped in the Harley Shop there for Tees. Went through gauly bridge and on up to (I think) hwy 129 - then on back to 60 and too 41 and back to Clifftop. Next day we went to Rainelle just to witness all the bikers there headed to Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC. Saw tons of motorcycles in Rainelle and along the way both directions.

Oh well, just thought it a big coincidence to come home and read about your ride the very next day after having just been there. Have fun - be safe - be blessed and take care.

Bill

Hey Bill, maybe next time you can bring your scoot and enjoy it on two wheels.

Back