free website stats program Poll on Windshield Height | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Poll on Windshield Height

Poll on Windshield Height

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer looking thru so I went with a 14" Halfmoon Wings. I like the added protection on the sides and the stereo sounds better.

I also prefer to look just over the top of the windshield, replaced the stock short windshield with the next highest HD windshield (8") just to reduce the buffeting on the Street Glide. This reduced the buffeting by 90% for my 5'10" height which is acceptable for my type of riding. In the heavy rain I can "Scooch" down and look through the windshield if necessary.

Last edited:
Isn't it strange at all the different versions of windshields riders prefer? The majority of riders prefer shorter windhields so they can look over them, which is fine. Myself, I like a 17" tall shield to look through so it protects me from grasshoppers, rain, wind, bugs and the ever present rocks that cagers kick up when they cut back in front of us when passing. It is no wonder that the after market for Harley stuff is huge.

I use the Clearview Stock wit the recurve,it is actually 1 1/2 taller than the stock H-D. I had to try about 5 shields before I found the right one,but this one is just right.

Back