free website stats program Poll on Windshield Height | Harley Davidson Forums

Poll on Windshield Height

Poll on Windshield Height

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrglide

I thought this poll might summarize the different size windshields we use on our touring bikes.

Choose your own height and that of the windshield. If you use more than one windshield, vote for the one you use most often/prefer. If no option matches exactly, just vote for the closest match.

This is not a scientific poll because the forum only allows 10 choices. There will be variations in seats, shocks, years of bikes, etc. You can give a brief description for these variables or any extra details.

I like to look through the windshield. I know a lot of you like to look over it, but since I don't ride in rain if I don't have to, I like the protection the shield provides.

I tried to start this thread yesterday. But, while thinking about the options and typing them, the post was timed out. I did not know there was a 5 minute limit to squeeze in everything. No jokes about timing, sizes, or speed, please. :p

My bike still has the stock shield which might be changed out soon. That is one reason I thought to start this poll, to see what others are doing.

Well, I know how tall I am but I have no idea what those measurements for the windshields indicate. I know, I am slow. Give me a break.

I am 6" 1" and I ride a Heritage. My windshield is about 3 inches taller than my eyeballs. It works great. I get very little wind and it protects my face from bugs etc. Why would I want to look over a windshield just to get smacked in the face by a 5 pound bug? If a windshield doesn't protect me, why would I have one?

I replaced the stock windshield on my Ultra because when it rained, I had to look through the messy windshield as well as my goggles/glasses. When I replaced it with one I could see over, I felt much safer riding in the rain. Believe me, I have ridden a lot in the rain this summer. :D

I have a 10" half moon dark tint on my 09 Ultra and love it. Provides the protection I need, plus I can see over it especially helpful in the rain. I am 5' 9" with stock suspension.

i am 6'2" tall and replaced the stock 12" windshield on my eglide with the 9" from hd.it lets me look just over the top and if it rains i can slump down a bit and look thru the shield for protection.

I also like to look just over the top of the shield. I will be going to a shorter one on my glide because when going around a turn my vision is blurred and interupted (not good). Im guessing i need to drop about 2 inches to be right.

Back