free website stats program Polishing rear wheel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Polishing rear wheel

Question reguarding warming the wheels status ? How many posts was it to reach this status ? Also every time i reply is it considered a post ?

No i didn't take any pictures but yes i polished from where the paint starts down to the edge where rim meets tire . With the polish bobs i bought i had no trouble keeping away from the painted surface . I think the polish would come off the paint if you'd happen to slip and touch it but with the way and shape of these bobs i didn't have any trouble .

Question reguarding warming the wheels status ? How many posts was it to reach this status ? Also every time i reply is it considered a post ?

Hey Bowhiker,
i believe you status changed after 50 posts. I think the next change happens at 150 post, it goes to Play the Throttle

well, i started polishing tonite with the mothers mini ball and the mothers power metal aluminum polish....worked for about an hour on the one side of my deuce wheel.. it definately shines more..but it definately could be shinier.. I am guessing this is going to be quite the long process..

Do I just keep applying and applying...until its shining like i want it?

Yup that's about it . I don't think the black ever stops while polishing . One thing for sure doing it by hand would take forever .

Great idea! I love the way my 05 Fatboy looks....except the wheels look like they were an after thought. Would like to replace them....but not in the budget right now. Some elbo grease and beer I have plenty of. Thanks for the tip!

Back