free website stats program Police Up Ahead | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Police Up Ahead

If your ever in loudon county,Va. near Leesburg watch your speed, they will write you for 2 or more over on a radar stop. And it holds up in court. I been in the public saftey field for over 30 years and I never would have dreamed of stopping someone for that small of an infraction. I really do believe it has become a revenue process and not just public saftey.:bigsmiley22:

And THAT is why we forwarn our brethren when there are police up ahead. So we can save ourselves some $$$$ by avoiding a petty speeding ticket!
I warn other riders every time I see a speed trap. I also appreceate it when other riders warn me too! :s

If your ever in loudon county,Va. near Leesburg watch your speed, they will write you for 2 or more over on a radar stop. And it holds up in court. I been in the public saftey field for over 30 years and I never would have dreamed of stopping someone for that small of an infraction. I really do believe it has become a revenue process and not just public saftey.:bigsmiley22:

I try to obey the speed limits as I feel it is good for my health as well as my pocketbook, but I would be seriously ticked off if I got a ticket for 2mph above the posted... now that is just revenue collecting.

I do not warn anyone anymore. In the past I have gotten 2 tickets 1 for 100 Euros and the other for $50 for warning drivers of speed traps. The 100 Euro one happened when I was in Itay near Pisa and the $50 one happened in Florida near Tampa.

okay. the law is, indeed, the law but ...
... i was driving my truck 50 in a 40 (in CA.). got pulled over & the cop said he'd bring the speed down on the ticket to save me some money. he wrote me up for 45 in a 40.
the bill came in the mail at $235!
excuse me?!
this is clearly not, then, just some altruistic impulse to make the roads safer for all of us, this is blatant revenue generation.
that's why i always tell other rider to slow down as they approach a cop. always.
if they wouldn't gouge me so much, i probably wouldn't.
i have no problem paying a reasonable fine for breaking the law -- which is what i did -- but $230 for 5 mph over is just not right.

The new simplified tax plan is rumored to be.
Line one enter amount of income and worth for the tax year.
Line two send it all in. SHOW ME THE MONEY $$$$$$$$

I do not warn anyone anymore. In the past I have gotten 2 tickets 1 for 100 Euros and the other for $50 for warning drivers of speed traps. The 100 Euro one happened when I was in Itay near Pisa and the $50 one happened in Florida near Tampa.

I know what you are saying cromwell. It is a risk we take when we warn motorist of speed traps. Ironically, I try to stay within the posted speed limits (O.K., maybe I go 10 mph over :s) so most likely I won't get a speeding ticket, I'll probabaly get a ticket for interfering with the law by warning other motoris of the speed traps that lie ahead!!

..... I'll probabaly get a ticket for interfering with the law by warning other motoris of the speed traps that lie ahead!!

I would love to see anyone prove in court me tapping the top of my helmet is a "warning" to other motorists. :small3d015: Here if you flash your lights the charge is "stunting". :small3d015: Tapping the top of your helmet is hardly "stunting"! :small3d015: Maybe I've got a scratch. :small3d015: Maybe my helmet was riding up. :small3d015: Maybe I just thought "I could've had a V8". :small3d015:
OK that last one is for us old timers that remember that TV commercial.:small3d015:

Last edited:
Back