free website stats program police tach on a 07 roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

police tach on a 07 roadking

workinman

Can any one please tell me how they installed a police tach it has the I believe abs and other functions in it . I don't believe my bike has a harness in it for a police tach . any help would be appreciated Jim

Maybe replaced the plug (if needed and the original wasn't interchangeable) on the harness to one that would fit the instrument and only connected the wires that were needed to display the essential operations? Pictures?

thanks for the reply tach does not draw a lot of interest :( Going to open up the head light nacelle and try to find the harness . At this point I don't think its there Jim

In the event this is helpful:
I wired a mini tach (black face, no shift indicator; Harley tach but not police tach) on my 07 FLHR:
The PINK wire on the S (Signal) terminal at the back of the tach is wired to # 3 cavity (tach signal source) of the speedometer connector [39B].
Discovered an unused power source in the nacelle; two right angled spade receptacles fused off the Acc fuse. I simply terminated the red and black leads from the tach with spade connectors and connected there. Hopefully the tachs are similar enough that this may provide the basic tach function.

Thanks I read I could use a police tach that had 3 wires on my bike but not the seven wire unit. I found that hard to believe but not I am re thinking that lol I really like the looks of the police tach . I can see it and its well made. The leads on the tach I have other inputs but I believe they or only for the indication lamps in the tach. The basic function that I supposed were tach and needed a ground, switched positive , and a trigger, like the tach The number 3 wire out of the ecu pink wire . same on I think that goes to the speedo. How ever on the tach I have has a serial data lead, abs, acc, ground, batt, Ign, pursuit. I am beginning to wonder what triggers this tach serial data? If I don't find out I will go the rout you did thanks Jim

Back