free website stats program Police run flat tires? | Harley Davidson Forums

Police run flat tires?

The only place I have seen them is at a dealer that services Police bikes. Get local dealer they maybe able to order. I am not seen them on any tire web site.

I believe it may be, not sure on this one but the sidewalls are much different than the standard passenger tires.

The side walls are very stiff, so that especially in pursuit, if tire goes flat there is a amazing amount of control of bike..

Plus the fact that all Motor Officers are trained to handle all oddities while riding their Police bike and are probably more able to handle a flat while riding.
A additional safety factor and the ride quality is harsh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Run flat tires are a great choice for high speed and you can run on them flat at 50 miles per hour on car and truck tires. Police bikes are a whole different animal and were designed not to carry passengers, I dont know if I would run them, as dealers are the only ones who carry them right now can you say SPENDY JMO

these are not run flat tires. these are refered to as "Bead Retention" tires. they will not come off the rim at 55+mph when flat. dunlop has not seen a reason to rate these tires as a 2 up rating (with passenger). i had these on my '01 rk police when i bought it. outstanding mileage from the rear tire 16k+. don't know why these aren't a 2 up tire. probably would have gotten 25+k from the front. very high load and speed rating. great riding as well. switched to metzler me880 marathon. up to 20k on the front. 3rd rear due to flats.

My front lasted 20k, rear only about 7k but I abuse my throttle. Switched to Metzler 880 and had a rapid deflation (rear) going about 70. Never came off the rim but I did go down at about 30, learned things the hard way. Recommend everyone look in to this scenario prior to experiencing. Still went back to the Metzler.

Back