free website stats program Police riding techniques | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Police riding techniques

thats a really cool video....I think it reminds us how much we can always use more practice and learn more about our bikes thanx for sharing

Took the course a year ago, and it was great. Lots of tips and demonstrations and enough one on one help to make it worth while. I have the DVD and watch it and practice when I can, in a deserted parking lot.

>>>>>>"I have the DVD and watch it and practice when I can, in a deserted parking lot.">>>>>>>>>

They do not have the course in Nj this time. Do you think the video can help learn the technique?

M Khan

Practice as part of your post winter bike hibernation is really smart. Our riding techniques get little "rusty" after a few months. Give it a try, you will be amazed how much more easy it is to "gas up" in a crowded station where impatient cagers compete for that pump station that may have slippery or crowned surface making slow speed skillful maneuvers with the rear brake and careful throttle/friction zone clutch work more necessary, rather than "paddle walking" that 800+ ladened bike. :s

Practice as part of your post winter bike hibernation is really smart. Our riding techniques get little "rusty" after a few months. Give it a try, you will be amazed how much more easy it is to "gas up" in a crowded station where impatient cagers compete for that pump station that may have slippery or crowned surface making slow speed skillful maneuvers with the rear brake and careful throttle/friction zone clutch work more necessary, rather than "paddle walking" that 800+ ladened bike. :s

Nice observation. Power walking has its place but experienced riders can usually maneuver with skill and both feet on the pegs in those tricky situations. That's my goal as a rider. Still a ways to go.
Ishmael

>>>>>>"I have the DVD and watch it and practice when I can, in a deserted parking lot.">>>>>>>>>

They do not have the course in Nj this time. Do you think the video can help learn the technique?

M Khan

Here's a link to the RLAP website NJ classes: RLAP-NJ I have the video and it is very good, but there's no substitute for hands on training. They also do some HOG rallys and other events, I just missed the Conn rally signup, darn it.

A friend took it twice. Raved about it.

They expect you to drop the bike so precautions are needed in the form of crash bar guards they sell cheaply.

Another rider I know said he took it while in the states (We're both here in Germany now). I forget how much he said it cost him, but I'll double-check.
I personally bought the video (RLP) and another one on The Dragon/Deal's Gap. Pretty good stuff. When you practice it, it really works. Been riding almost 30yrs but I'm always looking to control the bike on a higher level each season. Haven't started scraping my floorboards up yet but I do have some cones and pipe insulation at the ready.

Back