free website stats program Police riding techniques | Harley Davidson Forums

Police riding techniques

Lots if good info, videos and techniques on the website.

"Motorman" Palladino knows his stuff.

seen these guy's before they do sell a dvd but don't know if that teaches much the class I heard was around 400 but can't say for sure there is a guy by me that dose the same for about 150 or so he dose it as a side he's a cop. nice to learn this I do keep practicing.

Thanks for posting

I have the DVD and it is well done. With some practice on the techniques, you can become quite proficient without taking the course. I used the techniques during the experienced rider course and it was a snap.

I hit the parking lot frequently for practice using the video and book as a guide. Like any skill, practice is the key and there is no substitute for it. I don't mind saying I'm an older rider getting back on a bike for the first time in 40 years so I practice for my as well as others safety. I wrapped the engine guard on my Fatboy with pipe insulation and tape. When I said I hit the parking lot I meant literally! I did drop it one time doing a sharp u-turn. Only damage was to my pride and left leg which got trapped under the bike. Almost as quickly as I got up and lifted the bike, two people were there to see if I was ok, including one fellow on a Harley. I didn't realize anyone ever watched me practice. And miles to go before I sleep....
Rock on.
Ishmael

Ishmael:
Great advice. First of all you were very ingenious for duct taping the parts, second, "Like any skill, practice is the key and there is no substitute for it"

M Khan

Anyone who doesn't take the time to practice is just kidding themselves. All you have to do is look at the tires on a lot of Harleys... very little wear beyond the center. People are afraid to lean them and take corners, which is the most fun to me. $20K and 20 miles does not make you a rider. I've been riding for over 40 years... STILL practice often.

Ishmael:
Great advice. First of all you were very ingenious for duct taping the parts, second, "Like any skill, practice is the key and there is no substitute for it"

M Khan

Thanks, MK, although I can't take credit for it. One of the many things I read on low speed maneuvering stated there was a very real possibility one could or would drop the bike at some point if you practice enough and push the limits of yourself and the bike, therefore, tape pipe insulation on the crash bar. What better place to do it than in a deserted parking lot at very low speed. I certainly don't want to go down any other way! Come to think of it, I didn't want to go down in the parking lot, it happened because I didn't "warm up" with some slow races and easy weaves to get the feel of the friction point. This stuff is very real to me, there's a reason those motor officers are good at what they do. I'd like to see a demonstration of riding skills at some point by the pros. Meanwhile, practice and ride. Best to you.
Ishmael

Anyone who doesn't take the time to practice is just kidding themselves. All you have to do is look at the tires on a lot of Harleys... very little wear beyond the center. People are afraid to lean them and take corners, which is the most fun to me. $20K and 20 miles does not make you a rider. I've been riding for over 40 years... STILL practice often.

Guess that is why you made it over 40 years

Back