free website stats program police paint codes in Houston any suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

police paint codes in Houston any suggestions

lorne

i have a 05 RKP. i finally got to the dealer who sold it and ask for the paint codes. he sent me to the paint shop and said that he couldn't help because he did not know and could not find out. so off i went to the paint store, she said HD wont release the codes for a undermined amount of time. but she checked anyway and no luck. the only way was for me to bring the bike to her and she will take a photo with a special camera and then she will have the codes. here is the problem the bike is from Lake Charles and the bike is in Houston. so i guess i need to find out from the dealers in Houston who i can see to take the bike to.

oh the lady at the paint store said HD gave her color codes for a police bike before but they did not match the bike

sounds complicated, i just wanted to fix a little scratch

might be easier to paint the whole thing. problem is i love the color so would have to find something close

got my facts wrong i looked o f"pps paintcodes" when i should of looked for "ppg paintcodes codes" if this doesn't work i will just repaint when i am ready. the problem is there is a small (dime size) scratch that is hard to see. BUT when you know it is there you stare at it. it is hard to see but i know it is there

I know that HD puts a TON of clear on, you might try buffing it out first.

the guy i bought it off tried to fix it by painting over it with out the right color match.... cant see it unless you really look for it. my problem is i found it and i keep staring at it now.

the guy i bought it off tried to fix it by painting over it with out the right color match.... cant see it unless you really look for it. my problem is i found it and i keep staring at it now.

Try a good detail shop:s

Some body shops can remove scratches without painting. Had a buddy who got it done and when he asked the guy how he did it he wouldn't tell him. It only took him 15 minutes.

Back