police paint codes in Houston any suggestions

Discussion in 'Police Bikes' started by lorne, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i have a 05 RKP. i finally got to the dealer who sold it and ask for the paint codes. he sent me to the paint shop and said that he couldn't help because he did not know and could not find out. so off i went to the paint store, she said HD wont release the codes for a undermined amount of time. but she checked anyway and no luck. the only way was for me to bring the bike to her and she will take a photo with a special camera and then she will have the codes. here is the problem the bike is from Lake Charles and the bike is in Houston. so i guess i need to find out from the dealers in Houston who i can see to take the bike to.

oh the lady at the paint store said HD gave her color codes for a police bike before but they did not match the bike

sounds complicated, i just wanted to fix a little scratch

might be easier to paint the whole thing. problem is i love the color so would have to find something close

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

found what i needed. this can be closed

thanks

3. rking

rking Active Member

How did you get the problem resolved?

4. lorne

lorne Senior Member

got my facts wrong i looked o f"pps paintcodes" when i should of looked for "ppg paintcodes codes" if this doesn't work i will just repaint when i am ready. the problem is there is a small (dime size) scratch that is hard to see. BUT when you know it is there you stare at it. it is hard to see but i know it is there

5. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

I know that HD puts a TON of clear on, you might try buffing it out first.

6. lorne

lorne Senior Member

the guy i bought it off tried to fix it by painting over it with out the right color match.... cant see it unless you really look for it. my problem is i found it and i keep staring at it now.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Try a good detail shop:s

8. lorne

lorne Senior Member

think i found one close to where the bikes and i stay in Richmond. so now all i need is to get back there away from work

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Lunch time:p

10. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Some body shops can remove scratches without painting. Had a buddy who got it done and when he asked the guy how he did it he wouldn't tell him. It only took him 15 minutes.