free website stats program PM grips for 09 flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

PM grips for 09 flhx

kingsand

Just wanted to share my endever with PM grips. Bought a pair at Harley for the tune of 160.00. Went home and installed the throttle side and the throttle kept getting hung up. I live close to PM so went to there store and they gave me another pair. Installed and same problem. Compared it to the stock grip and saw the problem. The plastic ring that holds the grip on in the switch housing is much thinner on the stock grip which allows play. The PM rib is twice as thick and is offset about an 1/8 inch towards the grip which rubs on the housing.
I liked the look of the PM grip much better, but dont want the throttle to hang up on the road, so i bought another pair of HD grips. Just thought i would share my findings before you find out for yourself.

Did PM even look at the bike to see why it might be hanging before swapping them out? I have an 08 and i'm looking for new grips.

i dont know, but harley was eager to sell them to me. when i returned them that is when they told me that they had installed them on a few bikes and also had problems. I just had to thank them

Back