free website stats program plugs not firing | Harley Davidson Forums

plugs not firing

fatboy se

:small3d023:Had a 98 Heritage come into the shop with a non cranking problem. It has a new coil and a compua-fire module on it. The red light was not lighting up at times on the module, so in replaced it.Checked out the coil,the resistance was 3.3 ohms post to post and 11,500 ohms from plug to plug outlet. Any ideas?

No cranking? or Not starting. Don't see how coils and spark would inhibit the starter.

yes, and there is 12 volts on the postive side of the coil too

not at the shop now don't remember part # but is is the dual fire

installed a power house the last time

Last edited by a moderator:
The compu-fire was installed by another shop on 6/30/10. quit running last week and owner installed new coil. Then was towed to my shop. Contacted tech dept. at compu-fire and explaned the problem with the red light on the unit not lighting up at times and at times not flashing when spinning over so I sent it back for repair and installed one from Power House

as far as the part # that was two days ago and we are very busy with 10 to 15 jobs coming in daily, mostly transmission repair on autos

but i do think that was the correct part #

Last edited by a moderator:
The compu-fire was installed by another shop on 6/30/10. quit running last week and owner installed new coil. Then was towed to my shop. Contacted tech dept. at compu-fire and explaned the problem with the red light on the unit not lighting up at times and at times not flashing when spinning over so I sent it back for repair and installed one from Power House

as far as the part # that was two days ago and we are very busy with 10 to 15 jobs coming in daily, mostly transmission repair on autos

but i do think that was the correct part #

Have you opened up the cap on the nose cone and looked behind the module to make sure the interrupter mechanism has not come loose?

TQ

If the compu fire is anything like the rest of the after market ignitions I have seen The diagnostic lights on the unit should stay on telling you the trigger mechanism is working. Have also seen bad grounds cook these systems JMO

Back