free website stats program Plugging Engine Breathers?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Plugging Engine Breathers??

wiktor

Hi all, when putting on a high performance air filter it appears you have to plug the engine breathers, how then does the crankcase breath? Thanks!

I recently aquired the Big Sucker set up for my ultra and that does not plug the breathers. It re-directs them closer to the throttle body. It works much better at keeping that crankcase scent off of my leg. What brand of filter kit did you purchase? Is it possible to post some pictures of what you are refering to?

DO NOT PLUG YOUR BREATHERS. Maybe you have the wrong Kit? The Engine needs to breathe, if you plug them oil will leak out the path of least resistence, ie. rocker boxes, ect.

What kind of A/C are you trying to install??

My guess is that the review info on the kit he's looking at says that it eliminates the stock breather tubes. But that doesn't equate to plugging the breathers. As said above, the new kit will have banjo bolts to breath into the new backing plate. Sure of it! BUT I would say that if it doesnt, return it and buy one that does.

Thanks, I was looking at the K&N installation video and it appeared to plug them, looking at other cleaners I can see the're not. Thanks for the reply's!

This will make an awful mess, re read the instructions:s

Back