free website stats program Plug Wires | Harley Davidson Forums

Plug Wires

odie13

Hi: I read somewhere on this form that Harley has some anti-kock
feature that you can disable by changing to after market spark plugs.
I have a 09 lowrider, By adding Screaming Eagle 10mm Phat plug Wires
#31937-99B and keeping the stock HD plugs installed Is this feature still working on my bike. Can you mess it up by changing plug wires?

The SE wires have the same internal makeup as standard and will not cause any problems.

Last year I had all of the wires my wrench could reach replaced with Screaming Beagle replacements on my Dyna. Whether it was necessary, I do not know, but my bike runs great, and there has been no system conflicts of any kind.

Replacing the plugs or sometimes the wires can disable the ION sensing. It works on a resistance value from the coil to the plug and measures resistance to determine knock. Altering either plug or wires from stock can change that resistance and render the system inoperative. You definitely want to retain the Delphi anti knock system in the operative condition to protect the engine. Pre ignition or knocking most times cannot be heard by ear and if allowed to continue can damage the engine.

I use only HD plugs and replacement wires to be sure the system works as it was designed to work. Why disable a system that works?

Glider: Do you think my system is still working with the fore-mentioned
SE plug wires with the stock plugs?
Thanks for the replies

The SE wires work the same as stock. As long as your running HD plugs you'll be fine.

Thanks, Before I got this 09, My last Harley was a 84. All this stuff
is very new to me, Thanks again

Thanks, Before I got this 09, My last Harley was a 84. All this stuff
is very new to me, Thanks again

Your in the right place if your looking for info on your Harley. The members and moderators here are the best on the web. If you haven't looked already the self help section is the best I have ever seen. Ride safe

Back