free website stats program Plug & play | Harley Davidson Forums

Plug & play

Intimidator

Hello ~ I have a brand new 2010 Tri-Glide. I bought a trailer to tow behind it with a 4-wire harness. I've called and written to every dealer and jobber that I can. I cannot find a plug & play 5-wire harness for my Tri-Glide. Anybody had that that problem? Anyone know where I can get the plug and play harness? :newsmile108:

Thanks -
Intimidator

As you know, your bike is a 5 wire system and they don't seem to make a plug n play converter to go from a 5 wire bike to a 4 wire trailer system. You have a couple of options: You can wire an automotive converter into your bike that adds the left and right turn signals from your bike into the brake light circuit on your trailer ( changing the output from your bike into a 4 wire system) or you can add separate turn signals or brake lights to your trailer and stick with the 5 wire system from your bike. I've done both and either works fine. However, if it's possible, I'd go with the extra brake lights on the trailer and use the current running/brake lights on the trailer as turn signals.

Kuryakyn wiring harness for trailers part #7668 and Kuryakyn 5 to 4 wire trailer converter part #7669. I have these in my hand as I am typing this. pretty much plug and play.:D

Thanks, I'll give that a try !!

Thanks, Jake ~ We love TN.......where are you in middle TN? Near Nashville??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back