Plug on the right side of the saddle

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by aspybay, Jan 30, 2012.

1. aspybay

aspybay Member

Just purchased a heated vest...can I use the plug found on the right side of my 09 Ultra as the source of power??

Thanx in advance....Aspybay

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Did your vest come with a pigtail to attach to the battery with an inline fuze?

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Is that the HD aux. line (switched), or a line someone added for a battery tender? Either way, check to see if you have 12Vdc there at the plug. If so, should be fine.

TQ

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Rocker switch ( AUX) should control a plug under the seat on a bagger, My 97 FLHT had one:s

5. aspybay

aspybay Member

Thanx for the info however I have used the aux (switched) plug under the seat, I'm talking about the plug visable below the seat resting on or near the dipstick. It is two pronged (one visable (male) one covered (female). There is a tethered factory cap. It is powered (12V). I just don't know the purpose if not for accessories.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check where the wires go to bet its a pig tail for a battery tender

7. alarman

alarman Member

Which side is your jacket input wired? My wife's Gerbing jacket liner has the connection on the left. I wired the included fused pigtail to the left side, and left my battery tender plug on the right. It only took about 15 minutes.

8. aspybay

aspybay Member

Thanx for the info folks...yep its the battery tender all right, will use it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
  9. Rydit

Rydit Member

Only thing i would suggest is making sure it is a fused hot wire so you have a little protection. I used the one supplied with the coat, and its handy to run it up next to the riders backrest, through the seat. tucks out of the way well when not in use....

10. aspybay

aspybay Member

Thanx....did that this morning...works perfectly.