free website stats program Plug on the right side of the saddle | Harley Davidson Forums

Plug on the right side of the saddle

aspybay

Just purchased a heated vest...can I use the plug found on the right side of my 09 Ultra as the source of power??

Thanx in advance....Aspybay

Did your vest come with a pigtail to attach to the battery with an inline fuze?

Just purchased a heated vest...can I use the plug found on the right side of my 09 Ultra as the source of power??

Thanx in advance....Aspybay

Is that the HD aux. line (switched), or a line someone added for a battery tender? Either way, check to see if you have 12Vdc there at the plug. If so, should be fine.

TQ

Rocker switch ( AUX) should control a plug under the seat on a bagger, My 97 FLHT had one:s

Thanx for the info however I have used the aux (switched) plug under the seat, I'm talking about the plug visable below the seat resting on or near the dipstick. It is two pronged (one visable (male) one covered (female). There is a tethered factory cap. It is powered (12V). I just don't know the purpose if not for accessories.

Check where the wires go to bet its a pig tail for a battery tender

Which side is your jacket input wired? My wife's Gerbing jacket liner has the connection on the left. I wired the included fused pigtail to the left side, and left my battery tender plug on the right. It only took about 15 minutes.

Thanx for the info folks...yep its the battery tender all right, will use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing i would suggest is making sure it is a fused hot wire so you have a little protection. I used the one supplied with the coat, and its handy to run it up next to the riders backrest, through the seat. tucks out of the way well when not in use....

Back