free website stats program Plug Adaptors | Harley Davidson Forums

Plug Adaptors

israguard

Gentlemen,
Does anyone know if its possible to purchase adaptors that will convert the 5 pin HD plug (mic/earphones) to the stereo type ones?
I bought one of those blue tooth bike to bike units. Install on full helmets is wonderful. Half helmets not so much. HD sell half helmets with earphones/mike built in, but they come with the 5 pin plug which is of no use unless I & all others use the HD communication units.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Rgds, Shawn

Thanks nvSteve,​
Maybe you know the answer. The plug "iPod stereo type" I'm looking for has 3 black lines on it. I believe two are foe earphones and last one for mic. Is the end of this adaptor with two or three little black lines?
Tks again
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks nvSteve,​
Maybe you know the answer. The plug "iPod stereo type" I'm looking for has 3 black lines on it. I believe two are foe earphones and last one for mic. Is the end of this adaptor with two or three little black lines?
Tks again
WAP.gif

No, this adaptor only has a port for a 3mm plug for earphones.

2189d1235182421-helmet_headsets-c5_1_b.jpg

I got this one off EBay awhile ago. Couldn't really even tell you the name of the seller now. Works good for earbuds but no way to hook a mike into it.

2189d1235182421-helmet_headsets-c5_1_b.jpg

I got this one off EBay awhile ago. Couldn't really even tell you the name of the seller now. Works good for earbuds but no way to hook a mike into it.

Yup, I have one of those also as a back up to theone I got from Aerostich.
Works great and is actually a bit more stout than the Aerostich.

That connector is a EuroDIN standard "hi fi" plug from way back in the 70's. You can pick them up at DigiKey, Newark, Mouser or Allied electronics stores. Might even find them at Radio Shack or Fry's. I seem to recall a thread that had the wiring diagram from one of the posters. Use the search tab and type in keywords...

Good morning,
Youre right.. these are old 70's type plugs. Only thing I cant find is on that will also allow for the mic to work. Bummer

Well...there was one of those available too that I guess some guy made and was offering.
2190d1235182421-helmet_headsets-110348038166_1_1_1.jpg

Back