free website stats program Pledge , the first test | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge , the first test

planohog

new 09 ultra classic, several coats of paste wax applied.
After a 300ish mile ride in the country yesterday I had tons of dust and spattering of bugs. I used windex as I have for long time to get them moist
and wipe them off, not very good results but its better than leaving them on there to bake. I have been reading about pledge and today I used it on
the fairing and front fender, WOW what a shine, then the windshield, WOW
impressive.. I ended up wiping the entire bike down with it.. Looks like the dealer cleaned it up.. Im impressed.
Im wondering what it did to the wax i had already applied? and wondering how its going to work when I hit rain.
Thanks in advance --Chino

The windex probably took most of the paste wax off anyways. I don't even bother with paste. Just pledge. works fine and doesn't cause a buildup because it dissolves any previous applications when you apply new stuff.

It will do fine in the rain. I don't believe you will be able to tell the difference between Pledge and wax when it comes to beading up the water. I just wish we could find some rain to go through :(

I agree with Doug. The Windex stripped all of your paste wax off. Nothing will dissolve the bugs like Pledge and leave such a great shine. Also, new dirt just slides off. Been using Pledge for many years on all of my bikes. It used to be a secret, now it is out.

Pledge does a great job. You have to be careful and hide it. My wife went out to the shop and got my Pledge and finished the can off. I called her on it and she said she would get me some more.....Dollar Store brand!!!! I let her have that can and bought me a can of Pledge now locked up in a cabinet in the shop. :D

It will do fine in the rain. I don't believe you will be able to tell the difference between Pledge and wax when it comes to beading up the water. I just wish we could find some rain to go through :(

Got caught in a heavy downpour the other day and I can tell you that the rain just beads and runs off a Pledged bike just like it would on good quality wax - maybe better:s. I got home - used the Air Force Blaster to dry it in about 3 minutes - again the water just runs off like the bike's rejecting the stuff! Then another few minutes with a damp microfibre cloth and Pledge and it's looking show room again. Brilliiant stuff - in the ultimate tool kit with the service manual and some good tools :D:D

I'm just wondering why wiping the bike down with Pledge doesn't scratch the paint if you don't wash off the dirt first?? Just a little skeptical. But willing to try it.

I wouldn't use pledge if the bike is "dirty" ,only if it only had a light film of dust otherwise a washing comes first.

Back