free website stats program Pledge Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge Question

When using pledge, I take it, you can only use it on a clean bike, or otherwise you'll just be pushing the dust around, or can you use anytime. Is there any other ins or outs with pledge.
Thanks Jonnierock

I use Pledge for detailing. Any clearner (Mother's, Never Dull, etc.) is for detailing after cleaning. If your bike has mud or dirt stuck to it. Wash it first with soap and water then use the Pledge. Any compond used to detail should be used on clean areas. You don't want to scratch your bike by rubbing the dirt around. You'll be amazed. I was absolutely amazed at how it cleans my aluminum wheels. No more rubbing and buffing. It can also be used on painted areas. I have the Denium Black paint, so I don't use it on my tank and fenders. Clean the dirt off first then Pledge it.

Mz Bling and I took the Pledge Plunge yesterday and detailed our bikes. (Paint and Chrome) Stuff works amazing. Who would of known. Gonna' get rid of our 50 million other products for detailing.

I never use anything other than water (and lots of it) while removing actual debris. Pledge is used like any other polish or detailer.

I must be brain dead. Every time I tell someone about using Pledge I inadvertently say Glade instead of Pledge. I usually get very strange looks and after a while most people say did you mean Pledge? Doh! Did it again.

Oh well I did mean Pledge and the other day one of the guys at work that rides a Honda said he has used Pledge for years and his Honda looks like new.

I can't wait for the wife to buy the streak free Pledge so I can abscond with it to see if it works as well as the old standby. If it is better, she'll just have to buy another can!

Be careful with the streak free pledge, the air pressure in your tires will decrease if you use that instead of the regular pledge.:rofl

Be careful with the streak free pledge, the air pressure in your tires will decrease if you use that instead of the regular pledge.:rofl

THAT explains the wobble I have been experiencing due to low tire pressure! Every time I used it, I lost tire pressure. You think it may be causing my air shocks to lose air as well? I did use it to shine up the rear end.........:s

I even use the dollar store stuff. Same great results, only a dollar though. I guess that is the cheap in me.

I just took the Pledge Promise and my Bike never looked so good. Still have to go back with Turtle Chrome Polish for a couple of rusty chrome spots but other than that It is the Bees Knees.

Eh... Bees Knees...?!!:newsmile017: I don't ride a Tri-Glide, so training wheels may be in order for my two-wheeled brain...!:newsmile07:

Back