free website stats program Pledge Plunge, almost, Dollar Tree brand ($1.00) | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge Plunge, almost, Dollar Tree brand ($1.00)

07DynaSB

Just a quick note, after reading that so many biker's were using Pledge I dicided to use it to clean my windshield. Only I went to the Dollar Tree and bought there brand. It mentioned, Do not use around heat or exposed flame so I figured it was formulated like the old Pledge. Wow! I've never used a better windshield cleaner, completely streak free and fast. I think I will try it on the rest on the Bike now. thanks everyone! Marty........

Attachments

• Softail Deluxe5.jpg
    Softail Deluxe5.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 28
Just a quick note, after reading that so many biker's were using Pledge I dicided to use it to clean my windshield. Only I went to the Dollar Tree and bought there brand. It mentioned, Do not use around heat or exposed flame so I figured it was formulated like the old Pledge. Wow! I've never used a better windshield cleaner, completely streak free and fast. I think I will try it on the rest on the Bike now. thanks everyone! Marty........
My brother jack had a post about the cleaner you mentioned a couple months ago. He said the same thing, said it seemed to work like the old pledge. That's good news seeing pledge discontinued the good stuff.

Pledge was the only thing I ever used on all my bikes. It works exceptionally well on windshields too, the bugs don't stick and it doesn't damage the hard coat.

No lack of shine here...

RK.png

Have you used any of the new formula Pledge, or tried the off brand?

Have you used any of the new formula Pledge, or tried the off brand?
Can't recall who made the post a while back but he said it seemed to take more work to get the streaks out. I haven't tried it myself but I'm almost out of the good stuff.

Can't recall who made the post a while back but he said it seemed to take more work to get the streaks out. I haven't tried it myself but I'm almost out of the good stuff.

Jeff I remember a post on the old formula and I seem to remember something about streaks or smearing. Maybe we just need to clean the old formula off before we try the new stuff.

Jeff I remember a post on the old formula and I seem to remember something about streaks or smearing. Maybe we just need to clean the old formula off before we try the new stuff.
That could be Bernie, I'm sure I have a pretty good build up of the good stuff.

I have the Dollar Store product. I bought several cans (in case they Ban it).

It does work well and the microfiber is the Best.:D

I never thought a fiber would do the job the Micro does.:D

That Dollar Store stuff does work great and I do believe the only difference in the new product (pledge) IS the propellent.

I did inquire to J-n-J and they assured me that the Propellent was the only change.

I do believe that a petroleum gas propellent Does do a better job of cleaning and Product removal. That is what I see Missing in the New Pledge of today...:D

signed....BUBBIE

A few years ago now Kemo took me to Rochester Imports in Palatka, Florida and bought some no-name "pledge" Three cans for $2.49. Yellow can. Lemony fresh and does a great job. I buy a few cans there every winter:D

I have the Dollar Store product. I bought several cans (in case they Ban it).

It does work well and the microfiber is the Best.:D

I never thought a fiber would do the job the Micro does.:D

That Dollar Store stuff does work great and I do believe the only difference in the new product (pledge) IS the propellent.

I did inquire to J-n-J and they assured me that the Propellent was the only change.

I do believe that a petroleum gas propellent Does do a better job of cleaning and Product removal. That is what I see Missing in the New Pledge of today...:D

signed....BUBBIE
A note on the micro fibre cloths, when you wash them DO NOT use any fabric softener when you dry them:s

Back