free website stats program please some one help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

please some one help

All you need to do is get a point conversion kit with the advance unit, then run a wire from the bottom post on the coil to the points them be sure you have a 12 volt wire at the top post from the key switch. But why in the world would want to run points. electronic ign is a much better unit, point will drive you crazy.
Fastlinnie is correct in what he said. If the kit doesn't come with a coil you will need a 5 ohm coil. The one on your bike now(electronic ign.) is or should be a 3 ohm coil. You can static time the motor real close when installing the points. Do you have a service manual for your bike?
tourbox

All you need to do is get a point conversion kit with the advance unit, then run a wire from the bottom post on the coil to the points them be sure you have a 12 volt wire at the top post from the key switch. But why in the world would want to run points. electronic ign is a much better unit, point will drive you crazy.

Hopefully Jack will answer here... I sent him (jack klarich and wrenchin) a PM... HELP.........:dknow

They might be able to help with a diagram.

signed....BUBBIE
I dont have a diagram, Tho Fastlinnie has the text correct

Re: thanks all for the help

thankyou all for the awsome help today i got my conversion done all that is left to do now is fine tune my sweet piglet and we are in da wind

just trying to figure out why you want to do that??? ain't that going backwards?? don't mean to critize but just curious for reason....

its easier for me to work on and was having electronic problems also its cheaper for me to pay for as im on fixed income

i have found lots of help here everyone is awsome here and today ill find out if it worked im firing my piglet up for the first time in 2 months

Back