free website stats program Please read, I need some informational help | Harley Davidson Forums

Please read, I need some informational help

streeet

I have a question for anyone.. I ride an 07 Ultra Classic and had a wreck on it.. I swear that the bike was accelerating as I was braking coming up to a stop sign at a busy intersection !! Yet I had the brakes locked to the point of smoking... I have been riding for a very long time and I know something wasn't wasn't right !! Has anybody heard of anything or read anything about the cruise malfunctioning or the throttle sticking ?? The bike is at the dealer now being repaired.. Anything I should look for or have checked ? Please, anyone with any info it would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!! Thanks..

The cruise problem has a very familiar ring to it. I have read about it on the net but don't remember just where. Do a google search and you may bring it up.

I had a run-away cruise quite a few times during my trip to Sturgis. Cruise started acting up:
- Wouldn't set
- Light on upon start-up (green light) while in neutral
- Run away to top "cruise control" speed (85mph)
- Dropping out when adjusting speed up or down
- False neutral, 6th gear, alarm lights

I replaced the neutral switch, and haven't had any problems since. But I don't know if that was even the problem. I still have doubts, but no problems in over 5000 miles.:small3d023:

Last edited by a moderator:
Neutral switches are a problem on the 07 bikes. I replaced 3 of them in a short time.

The other thread by the same poster (which is cross posting) has been removed.

I have tried Google searches and haven't found anything for that year as far as what I am looking for.. Actually that search is how I found this place.. I know that on the 10,000 mile check up they are supposed to check the cruise as part of the service.. I have a hard time still trying to remember what all happened but it kept going faster and I had the brakes choked as hard as I could.. Then it goes blank.. But I appreciate your responses.. I just wasn't sure if it could be the cruise kicking on or the throttle opening up for some reason..

After reading posts about runaway cruise controls and stuck WOT electronic throttles I've tried to mentally prepare myself for this type of situation. Only sure fire thing I can think of is clutch disengaged and hit the kill switch. I mentally rehearse this whenever I think about it. Hopefully it'll be automatic if it ever happens but I'm sure you have 100 things going through your head at a time like that! Glad you're OK!

Hi there...
my two cents worth: did you have accesorized handles? could it be they somehow created a snapped interior while installing and then all hell broke loose?
Just brainstorming here...im a pilot so we train to think of all tangents and all scenarios!! you never know..
Hope i helped..
Cheers

Just a thought !!! I have an 08 flhx with abs and cruise . When i ltry to lock-up both wheels (pannick stop) !!!! When grabing a fist full of front brake it"s easy to accidently roll on the throttle a little. Esp. when the bike is trying to toss me over fairing.

I completed my MSF course about a month ago. One of the things that happened to me is that I accidentaly rolled on the throttle while doing a braking exercise. But since I had the clutch disengage, all I had (in the instructors' words) was noise. One of the first exercise included diengaging the clutch and pressing the kill switch without looking down. I think this might've helped unless there is some information missing in the first post.

Also interesting that the original post was two days ago full of urgent questions and he apparently hasn't checked back in since. Oh well, life keeps you busy sometimes. Let's give him some time to give us more info.

Back