free website stats program Please i need mechanical help!!!! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please i need mechanical help!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!
I got ahold of dobek, they told me to adjust the green lights to 4 wich is idle mode, but I accidently adjusted the yellow wich is the accel mode to 3&4 and it ran great. I called them back and told them and they said not to adjust the yellow to adjust the green. So I put the yellow back to 2&3, move the green up to four and and its not running quiet right, I now have a miss in the rear cyclinder. I have true duals on my bike and you can hear it and when you put your hands close to the pipes the front cyclinder stedily bounces your hand off the pipe, but the rear cyclinder bounces your hand off the pipe then has the miss almost suck my hand to the pipe. I checked the plug but its hard to tell on fuel injection. So Im going to grab a new set of plugs, and call dobek about the tune. So we will see. Any Ideas????

UPDATE!!!!!
I got ahold of dobek, they told me to adjust the green lights to 4 wich is idle mode, but I accidently adjusted the yellow wich is the accel mode to 3&4 and it ran great. I called them back and told them and they said not to adjust the yellow to adjust the green. So I put the yellow back to 2&3, move the green up to four and and its not running quiet right, I now have a miss in the rear cyclinder. I have true duals on my bike and you can hear it and when you put your hands close to the pipes the front cyclinder stedily bounces your hand off the pipe, but the rear cyclinder bounces your hand off the pipe then has the miss almost suck my hand to the pipe. I checked the plug but its hard to tell on fuel injection. So Im going to grab a new set of plugs, and call dobek about the tune. So we will see. Any Ideas????

Back it off a little to see if the miss goes away. Thats the problem with the piggyback systems you're gonna have to find a happy medium can't adjust individually. Hope this helps, good luck.

I adjusted the dobek with no luck, it has even gotten worse. As Im riding you can hear the difference in the pipes, crackling sound through the rear pipe while cruzing or under light acceleration, and it it kicks in and out of it every so often. Also I rode yesterday and it did it for about five min. then rode fine the rest of the ride, and on a ride today it did it the whole time. I have a busy work schedule comming up, but as soon as I get a day off I will be taking it somewhere to have it looked at. I have no idea why, or what its doing.

Do a compression check on your motor. You may have an exhaust valve leaking.

I adjusted the dobek with no luck, it has even gotten worse. As Im riding you can hear the difference in the pipes, crackling sound through the rear pipe while cruzing or under light acceleration, and it it kicks in and out of it every so often. Also I rode yesterday and it did it for about five min. then rode fine the rest of the ride, and on a ride today it did it the whole time. I have a busy work schedule comming up, but as soon as I get a day off I will be taking it somewhere to have it looked at. I have no idea why, or what its doing.

Have youm tried elliminating the dobek to see if it will stop the miss?

Wondering if you have a bad injector wire? Or a pinched wire? Try a wiggle test on the wires

I agree with all the comments, so Im going to do this to see what happens.
1st: Remove the dobeck, and check the wires on it see if it clears up.
2nd: Flip the injectors to the oppisite cyclinder to see if it moves the problem to the front cyclinder.

I may be way off, "my wife says I am most the time" but I do belive its a fuel problem. It might not be the tunner, but if I turn my accel mode up a few points it clears it up a bit while accelerating, but I can tell its not correctly set that way because it just guzzeled the gas on a very short test run. At least its just the rear cyclinder, and not all over the place so I know its something in that area. I do have a stock breather on it but the guys at the shop and at dobek tell me that if it was chocking it that both the front and rear would be showing signs of lack if air. The last time I was riding it, at a steady cruise & steady throttle the bike would clear up slightly and then drop right back into running bad and the check engine hasnt come on so I was wondering if I unhooked the tunner and pluged the O2 sensors back in if that would trigger the check egine light. Now I can only base my knoldge off of the fact that I built and raced many cars "not bikes" but if I had valves not that sticking or not closed at combustion stroke, wouldnt it pop or cause a problem throughout the entire rpm range? I know a twin cam harley isnt a big block chevy, but thats been my experince at the track. Well, it's time to go to the garage and get to work. keep'em comming, love talkin to you all. Thanks for the help & advice.

Rhys,

IF you just unbolt the Ground wire from/on Dobeck unit, The fuel management reverts back to the stock Harley Brain that sends out the fuel ratio.

No need to Unhook everything. :s

signed....BUBBIE

Back