free website stats program Please i need mechanical help!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Please i need mechanical help!!!!

Ok I just inspected it a little further, I put on the stethiscope and started the bike and ran it all around the rear exhaust and its not leaking there. I moved directly up above the flange and just below the rocker cover and ther is a opening/valley in between the two that I can stick my fingers in and the hose and can hear the leak comming from there. I cant see back there to give a better disciption of it. What would be in that area that could leak exhaust fumes??????? Anyone know what that would be?????

Have you called Dobek and ask if they had any ideas, They are very helpful and you will be able to find out if it is related to the tuner. or if anyone else has had the same problem. Good Luck. If anyone can fiqure it out it will be someone on this forum.

I just stuck my finger in there its a space between head & rocker box. I feel a head bolt ..
Pull the tank may give you a better view.. mabey bolt loose.

That & a leak down test. But it does sound like a headbolt. A hesitation could be a lean running condition. Wouldn't think 30 miles would cause a problem unless it was way too lean. How long ago did you do the build? What type of head gasket did you use?

Toby

I just stuck my finger in there its a space between head & rocker box. I feel a head bolt ..

Just talked to a guy that said, the same thing. I belive he said two of them in there. I am putting it on the trailer tomarrow and taking it to my buddies so I can use a lift to look around it, that makes it a lot easier when you 6'5. He said it is most likely the head bolt due to being the larger motor, but could be a small head gasket leak. I shure hope it just as simple as a retourqe of the head bolts and not a head gasket. So any that will, I would be thankful for prayers for my bike during this little exploritory bike surgery tomarrow, and if not just send good vibes my way "my road hog is sick"!!!! I will post what we find and/or fix tomarrow.
Thanks Everyone You Are All Awsome In My Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmiley12:

And right in between that head bolt and the one a few inches in front of it is the ACR on a 103" motor which screws into the top of the cylinder head. PatrickCarr, you said that the police versions didn't have compression releases. Do the police versions that you are referring to have 103" motors like his 2010 has? Did that bike come standard with the 103" motor or was it a big-bore kit installation? If it was a kit, chances are whoever did the install was smart enough to put comp releases in when the head was off. If it is a stock 103" they come with them. Saves on starters that way.

Either way, do a compression check and see what that cylinder is doing. Then pull the tank off and take a look at what ya got. If you have an ACR that backed out and is leaking (or is stuck open) your compression numbers will be off. If you have a loose head bolt and you are losing compression, I wouldn't just tighten the bolt. You probably will need a new head gasket.

It is the stock 103 from the factory, and is the police roadking. So I will look a little harder to see if it has that ARC. What is that? I showed it to a guy "not a certified mechanic" but very good at what he does, and he seems to belive its a head gasket. I am very bummed out, I have had no luck with this one so far. I will be calling around to see if I can get it into a shop to have it inspected for shure but might be a week or more untill I can aford to take it. Hopefully it dosnt break the bank. SO where would this compression release be so I could check it. Thanks everyone!!!!!

Rhys; SO where would this compression release be so I could check it. Thanks everyone!!!!![/QUOTE said:
If I was in your shoes I'd be looking for a shop manual for that model, you'd be amazed at all the good info in there.
Not trying to bust your chops just saying pick yourself up a shop manual and do some reading you'll be glad you did! :s

Last edited:
SO where would this compression release be so I could check it.

I BELIEVE it is just ahead of that head bolt you stuck your finger on in that hole in the middle of the rocker box. That's on the 2012 103". I'm pretty sure the heads aren't that different.

Back