free website stats program please help with ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

please help with ultra

I talked to the local dealership today and the machanic said he has never seen a broken valve spring before.I have checked to see if they have the parts that i might need and they have everything in stock that i should need provided the broken spring is all that is wrong!Has anybody here ever seen a broken valve spring in this situation before?
Thanks
Mark

Not on a Harley engine. But it just might have been a bad spring.
You might be able to replace the spring by putting air into the cylinder with the compression tester type adapter made for that purpose. And you wouldn't have to pull the head. If it holds air then everything else might be OK. But if your like me you probably will pull it just to be sure. Good luck

Got bike back together runs good .Could not find any trace on the valve or piston where they hit one another.Everything else looked fine local hd mechanic said he has never seen a bee hive spring break until now.Thanks for all the advice
Mark

Good news,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I thought this stuff only happens to me.....................

Back